Windows 10: Sometimes i get low fps.

Discus and support Sometimes i get low fps. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So as the title says, sometimes I get low fps. Like the game is running fine (30fps) and bam! 20 fps and lower and i dont know whats causing it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Faesh, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Faesh Win User

Sometimes i get low fps.

So as the title says, sometimes I get low fps. Like the game is running fine (30fps) and bam! 20 fps and lower and i dont know whats causing it. I tried multiple games and its all the same. Drivers are updated.
    I have laptop with nvidia 740m, i7-4702mq and almost 12 gb of ram.

:)

Faesh, Jul 7, 2015

2. Low FPS Windows 10

Yep same boat. AMD HD 7950 was getting 40-55 FPS on avg with Win7 most games I play.

Now since I upgraded it's in the low 20's and jumps around between 16-33 fps.

MarkCox415, Jul 7, 2015
  3. zxrbg Win User
    Will Factory resetting the PC help in speeding the fps on the computer running Windows 10?

Thank you this Really did help, because i had just updated it before it started to get low fps!

zxrbg, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Sometimes i get low fps.

Does it stay low after it drops or does it pop back up to 30 and the drop again later? If it stays low, maybe something in the background that's running has a memory leak.

blackroseMD1, Jul 7, 2015
  5. Faesh Win User
    It pops back. I looked in task manager when it was happening andi didnz see some unusual activity.

Faesh, Jul 7, 2015
  6. Have you tried older or beta drivers to see if the problem still exists? Maybe it's just a bad driver set.

blackroseMD1, Jul 7, 2015
  7. Jack07 Win User
    I'm using nvidia 341.44 driver and I have low fps sometimes, but it's only when i start a game or start watching a video. I saw the antimalware service executable using 30-50% of my cpu but i don't think that's the issue.
    My way to fix it is by alt tabbing a few times, refreshing and clicking on the taskbar. *Biggrin

Jack07, Jul 7, 2015
  8. Faesh Win User

Sometimes i get low fps.

I didn't try older drivers so I will try that tonight when I get home.

and jack I start altaving too and sometimes it looks like it was the altabing what fixed but I don't think that's proper solution.

Faesh, Jul 7, 2015
  9. Faesh Win User
    Well i tried older driver and I had 20 and under all the time. So I am reverting to newest driver.
    And I guess i will have to wait for new driver because I have no idea what's causing it.

Faesh, Jul 8, 2015
  10. batlhilz Win User
    it might be the "stupid" new streaming service that hassles up with the nvidia. i experienced crashes and memory hogs/leaks up to a unplayable point. i reported it to MS back then but it was with the older builds of win10, no more after clean installs of 10125-> 130 -> 135 and now 162

batlhilz, Jul 9, 2015
  11. Faesh Win User
    Well I upgraded driver to beta driver 353.49 (came out on 9.7 I think) and it seems that my problems are gone. No more FPS drops. Thanks guys for trying to help me *Smile.

Faesh, Jul 10, 2015
  12. Seems you got it worked out, but if you haven't already you might look to see if there are any updated system drivers for your laptop. My motherboard manufacturer (Gigabyte) just came out with new Win 10 compatible drivers, which seem to help some games run a little smoother (was getting lag spikes prior).

fracking4oil, Jul 12, 2015
  13. Faesh Win User

Sometimes i get low fps.

Yea i got laptop by lenovo and i am checking on drivers pretty much every day =D, but ty for tip *Smile

Faesh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sometimes i get low fps.

1. Sometimes i get low fps. - Similar Threads - Sometimes low fps

2. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  3. Game getting low FPS with low ussage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game getting low FPS with low ussage: I usually get 60+ FPS, but for some reason I'm getting below 15 FPS. This always happens at the most random times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-getting-low-fps-with-low-ussage/23254b34-32fe-43e4-9119-298a631e681c
  4. Game getting low FPS with low ussage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game getting low FPS with low ussage: I usually get 60+ FPS, but for some reason I'm getting below 15 FPS. This always happens at the most random times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-getting-low-fps-with-low-ussage/23254b34-32fe-43e4-9119-298a631e681c
  5. Low fps on everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low fps on everything: I resseted my PC to a fresh start and when the system is done installing I restarted it. I notice something wierd like it's so laggy. I launcher one of my game and see that the fps is only 7. I don't know what happened I know my GPU is working and I haven't remove anything....
  6. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: Resetted my laptop and after the installation felt something wrong. It is laggy and sometimes hang. I play random games and found out that the FPS drops. GTX 1050 Intel i5-7300HQ Ram -8 GB HDD -1TB...
  7. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: So Today i reseted my pc to a fresh start, and when the system installed, i felt something was wrong, like that the whole system was laggy than before the reset, and when i launched a random game that i installed, i had 5 fps in it even tho i always had like 100 fps Idk i...
  8. Low FPS/GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low FPS/GPU: I got this Gaming Laptop that is a ASUS - ROG Strix G15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - 512GB SSD - Electro Punk I got it around August and wasn't playing it for games, mostly just for school. Later on i had started playing...
  9. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...
  10. Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games: In continuation of my computer problems (previous issue: BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running - Windows 10 Forums), now I am getting poor performance most of the time from all games 30-40fps in games which I previously got 60-100fps on same settings. There is...