Windows 10: Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher

Discus and support Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. In laptop I have 4 keyboard layouts 4 languages. After closing some games I lose English keyboard layoutin taskbar language switcher. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Владимир Тимонин, May 27, 2021.

1. Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher

Hello. In laptop I have 4 keyboard layouts 4 languages. After closing some games I lose English keyboard layoutin taskbar language switcher. All another keyboard layouts are visible, can work and switch. English returns after restart.

:)

Владимир Тимонин, May 27, 2021
  2. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, May 27, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing automatically. I’ll certainly help you with the steps to remove it.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if you are able to remove the language pack:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      lpksetup /u en-US.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 27, 2021
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher

1. Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher - Similar Threads - Sometimes lose English

2. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  3. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  4. English language Options on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language Options on taskbar: I am Win10 Pro 64bit fully updated.On bottom right of my Taskbar is ENG. I have English New Zealand US Keyboard selected as my language.Underneath is English United States US Dvorak Keyboard.Periodically US Dvorak "skips" to the top which i discover when my typing starts...
  5. English language Options on taskbar

English language Options on taskbar: I am Win10 Pro 64bit fully updated.On bottom right of my Taskbar is ENG. I have English New Zealand US Keyboard selected as my language.Underneath is English United States US Dvorak Keyboard.Periodically US Dvorak "skips" to the top which i discover when my typing starts...
  6. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  7. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  8. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  9. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  10. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.: Hello, Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian. I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian letter "Р" ***Changed Original Title From: Keyboard***...