Windows 10: Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

Discus and support Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrouchyExile, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the PC, other times not. But clicking the mouse always wakes it. And the mouse is plugged in to the keyboard, then there are two USBs coming out of the keyboard going in to the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/GrouchyExile
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GrouchyExile, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Trepid Win User

Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made:

-Under device manager i made sure keyboard and mouse can wake the computer up.

- Turned off fast startup.

- Used these commands in the command prompt: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on.

- Changed power settings to allow hybrid sleep off and allow wake timers Enable.

- Went to BIOS upon restarting at went to the power section and made sure that the keyboard can wake the PC and selected wake with any key on the mouse.

- After all of that failed to fix the issue I went back to the advanced power settings and reset to default. That still did not fix the problem. I have to push the power button to wake the PC up.

Trepid, Nov 20, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

1. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will. - Similar Threads - Sometimes keyboard wake

2. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  3. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  4. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  5. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  6. Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping: Winver = 2004, 19041.685 I set my PC to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity. If my PC sleeps, and I attempt to wake it up soon afterwards, I notice that sometimes the PC cannot be woken up, and I have to depress the PC's power button and keep it held in for about 5 seconds to...
  7. Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not: So since resume from sleep was introduced (perhaps 1990s), it always has had it share of problems. Now, on my Windows 10 system sleep and resume from sleep work as I want, except sometimes resume does not work. I have tried to pinpoint the cause for it, but I have no idea...
  8. Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not: So since resume from sleep was introduced (perhaps 1990s), it always has had it share of problems. Now, on my Windows 10 system sleep and resume from sleep work as I want, except sometimes resume does not work. I have tried to pinpoint the cause for it, but I have no idea...
  9. Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep: I have an Acer Aspire E15. Sporadically, the laptop doesn't wake when I open the lid. I can hear it starts to buzz but the display won't turn on. I have to hard reset it via holding the power button. Any help appreciated!...
  10. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes: I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch...