Windows 10: Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window

Discus and support Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 1703. For whatever reason, the mouse cursor will disappear inside a window/program (I haven't found a pattern for which windows).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by okgyrlge, Jul 2, 2017.

1. okgyrlge Win User

Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window

I am using Windows 10 1703. For whatever reason, the mouse cursor will disappear inside a window/program (I haven't found a pattern for which windows). The cursor is visible when I take it out of the window, and invisible again when I put it back in. Sometimes the problem is solved by minimizing then maximizing the window. Why could this be happening? Could it be a driver issue? Thanks.

:)

okgyrlge, Jul 2, 2017

2. My cursor might jump up a little bit and become blur sometimes after Win 10 Creators Update

Also, the cursor becomes invisible sometimes. Unfortunately, I have deleted the old version win 10 and cannot go back to the previous version.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Zhibin Liang, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Rise of Nations game screen flickers after upgrading to windows 10

I have a different problem along with the flickering. This solution did stop the flickering, thanks for that. But my cursor isn't visible within the game (though it works invisibly, it becomes more like a hit & trial selection of menu). And the rise of
    nation's specific "spear head cursor" is visible but stuck at the center of the screen, doesn't follow the path of my actual cursor. Please help

Sugat Jena, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window

- have you tried the mouse manufacturer's website?
    - their support page may have a solution..

BugMeister, Jul 2, 2017
  5. Try3 Win User
    It might well be a display driver corruption / incompatibility problem judging by your decription. Download the latest driver from the computer / display card maker's support website and install it.

Denis

Try3, Jul 2, 2017
  6. okgyrlge Win User
    A display driver issue is my best guess too. I just totally uninstalled all my Nvidia drivers and software (which I think Windows downloaded when I upgraded to 1703), and just reinstalled the essentials. I will see if this fixed the issue.

okgyrlge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window

1. Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window - Similar Threads - Sometimes cursor becomes

2. invisible cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    invisible cursor.: Hey, I have a question incase someone knows. Whenever I have downloaded games like GTA, Valorant, or any steam game, my cursor is not showing at all. I came far enough to reset my computer and its settings and its not working, my cursor still wont show, but works in roblox...
  3. invisible cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    invisible cursor.: Hey, I have a question incase someone knows. Whenever I have downloaded games like GTA, Valorant, or any steam game, my cursor is not showing at all. I came far enough to reset my computer and its settings and its not working, my cursor still wont show, but works in roblox...
  4. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my cursor invisible?: I can't sign-in, because my cursor is invisible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursor-invisible/d9806262-b896-44ae-83d1-b336e8f5bc84
  5. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my cursor invisible?: I can't sign-in, because my cursor is invisible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursor-invisible/d9806262-b896-44ae-83d1-b336e8f5bc84
  6. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cursor invisible/frozen

Cursor invisible/frozen: I am using a Lenovo Ideapad touchscreen laptop with WIndows 10. I don't use a USB mouse and I don't have one on hand, I just use the trackpad. A few hours ago my pointer disappeared completely from my screen. I'm not positive, but this may have coincided with some accidental...
  8. Windows Words Files becoming invisible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Words Files becoming invisible.: To the Microsoft Expert, I have Windows 10, version 1909. Problem: I save the screen picture of a web site to a Document Folder as a Word File. The name I chose for the File then appears in the list of Files in that Folder. I open the File and a picture of the web site...
  9. Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications: SO, Working in Quark Xpress for years has been fun, but I'm now running a 1903Win10 pc and it's got a little niggling feature that has to be generated by windows. When editing text, the cursor changes from a standard pointer or crosshair to a special looking one that...
  10. my cursor is not working sometimes

my cursor is not working sometimes: hello...this is my problem. sometimes my cursor glitches out or it will move by itself or....its changing the type of cursor its like changing in to a old school computer cursor...