Windows 10: Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping

Discus and support Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Winver = 2004, 19041.685 I set my PC to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity. If my PC sleeps, and I attempt to wake it up soon afterwards, I notice that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by W10User123, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping

Winver = 2004, 19041.685
    I set my PC to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity. If my PC sleeps, and I attempt to wake it up soon afterwards, I notice that sometimes the PC cannot be woken up, and I have to depress the PC's power button and keep it held in for about 5 seconds to switch off the PC, before pressing the power button again to boot it up from scratch.
    The problem seems to be if I attempt to wake the machine up from sleep very soon after it has gone in to sleep mode.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this please? Thanks a lot.

:)

W10User123, Jan 8, 2021

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 8, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 8, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping

1. Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping - Similar Threads - Sometimes doesn't wake

2. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  3. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  4. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  5. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  6. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.: What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the PC, other times not. But clicking the mouse always wakes it. And the mouse is plugged in to the keyboard, then there are two...
  7. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep: Hi all - I have a Surfacebook2 fully loaded and a Surface Mouse. For 2 years, it worked flawlessly and about six months ago, it started failing to resume mouse connectivity when either waking from sleep, or a quick startup. A full restart will restore mouse activity, but if...
  8. Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep: This occasionally occurs after manually setting the pc to sleep. Does anyone know why this happens or if there is a way to fix the issue? submitted by /u/Conells [link] [comments]...
  9. Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep

Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep: I have an Acer Aspire E15. Sporadically, the laptop doesn't wake when I open the lid. I can hear it starts to buzz but the display won't turn on. I have to hard reset it via holding the power button. Any help appreciated!...
  10. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes: I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch...