Windows 10: sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen

Discus and support sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; this has happened a couple times haven't changed anything settings wise and it is a very rare occurrence, still quite annoying. Even rarer than that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndrewAndersen1, Jun 24, 2020.

1. sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen

this has happened a couple times haven't changed anything settings wise and it is a very rare occurrence, still quite annoying. Even rarer than that, once in a blue moon, my pc wont even boot to windows and even if i just restart my pc it wont work. i have to take my graphics card out and the cmos battery and only then will it work. the main problem was the one i stated first, it happens a lot more frequently. when it does happen i have to restart my pc and it usually is fine. all of my power settings are turned to "sleep: never" and "display off: never" etc. what could be my problem?

All of my drivers are up to date, my windows is on the current build, and my motherboard bios is on the newest version. Thanks

:)

AndrewAndersen1, Jun 24, 2020

2. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

Thanks for the response but I have no screen saver set.

sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen [​IMG]

Any other suggestions? This is a royal PITA!

Dick Jagger, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

It sounds as if you had the Blank screen saver selected, set to 5 minutes and to ask login on resume:

sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

4. sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen

PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

I can not get my pc to follow my Power and Sleep settings. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen is blank and I have to wake it and login.

Dick Jagger, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen

1. sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen - Similar Threads - sometimes black screen

2. Black screen with cursor for couple of minutes then fine after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor for couple of minutes then fine after login: Hello, A week ago my computer started it strangely after the most recent MS Windows update. Usually when I log into my computer, it only takes a few moments before the desktop shows up and I'm good to go. Now after login it shows the login circle for about 30 seconds before...
  3. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  4. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  5. Black screen with cursor for a couple minutes then fine after log in

Black screen with cursor for a couple minutes then fine after log in: Hello, A week ago my computer has been booting it oddly after the most recent MS Windows update. Typically when I log into my computer it takes just a few moments before displaying the desktop and I am ready to go. Now after I log in, it displays the login circle for...
  6. pc going to black screen

pc going to black screen: so 2 days ago i installed a geforce gtx 1650 low profile in my dell optiplex 7010 DT and everything was going fine but then after the first day my pc started to go to black screen and stays but now when i boost it works for like a minute then goes black screen could it be...
  7. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  8. My screen keeps going black for a couple of seconds

My screen keeps going black for a couple of seconds: As in title - every few minutes the screen goes black for a second or two regardless of whether I'm on the Internet or not - very annoying!...
  9. Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle.

Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle.: PC works for a while after screen goes black and then it reboots on its own. I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn't work (used that software that completely wipes them first). I suspect the GPU or PSU might be the culpit here. PSU is 730W Thermaltake Smart SE...
  10. Two minutes of black screen before login

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minutes of black screen before login: Hi. When I boot into Windows 10, just before the login, my screen turns black for like two minutes. There doesn't seem to be any drive activity (I've got Windows installed on a SSD). Cursor appears like fifteen seconds before the login screen. This started happening like a...