Windows 10: Sometimes my Taskbar does not work (no Startmenu or Calendar will open) - Need to restart...

Discus and support Sometimes my Taskbar does not work (no Startmenu or Calendar will open) - Need to restart... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title say, i have some very weird issue. Sometimes my Taskbar is somehow locked, i can not start a programm, open start menu or anything at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arkanius84, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Sometimes my Taskbar does not work (no Startmenu or Calendar will open) - Need to restart...

As the title say, i have some very weird issue. Sometimes my Taskbar is somehow locked, i can not start a programm, open start menu or anything at all.

In order to fix that, i need to go into the Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer.

Is there anything i can do to fix that?

submitted by /u/Arkanius84
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arkanius84, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Sometimes my Taskbar does not work (no Startmenu or Calendar will open) - Need to restart... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 4, 2021
  3. windows 10: windows icon, search windows, and calendar not working

Hi Sean,

A possible reason for this issue is a broken start menu and taskbar notification icons. It is sometimes due to updates. We suggest resetting the Taskbar.

To reset the task bar please follow these steps:

• Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key to open Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • Right-click Windows Explorer, then click Restart.
    • Wait for File Explorer to restart and see if Taskbar starts working again.

Let us know if this procedure works for you.

Robert Caw, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Sometimes my Taskbar does not work (no Startmenu or Calendar will open) - Need to restart...

Windows Taskbar Calendar not Working

Hi,

It's really odd for an update/s to cause an issue to a computer since they were made to enhance the performance of its system and to fix the bugs/glitches. Let just say that a conflict on your system files are the one that causing the issue from the last
    update. Let's see if turning on and off the the clock in the system icon menu will make a difference. Follow these steps to do so:

• Right click on the Taskbar, then choose Taskbar settings.
    • Scroll down to Notification area, then click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • Toggle the Clock icon off, then close the Settings menu.
    • Repeat steps #1-#3 to toggle on the Clock icon on.

Once done, check if you'll be able to pull up the Calendar on the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Sometimes my Taskbar does not work (no Startmenu or Calendar will open) - Need to restart...

1. Sometimes my Taskbar does not work (no Startmenu or Calendar will open) - Need to restart... - Similar Threads - Sometimes Taskbar does

2. Outlook calendar does sometimes not sync correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook calendar does sometimes not sync correctly: I use window 10 on PC and Outlook app on Android phone. Email and contacts seem to sync correctly, but calendar events are not. My email address is @outlook.com. An event added in calendar on PC does NOT show in calendar on outlook.live.com/calendar and also NOT on my phone....
  3. Outlook calendar does sometimes not sync correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook calendar does sometimes not sync correctly: I use window 10 on PC and Outlook app on Android phone. Email and contacts seem to sync correctly, but calendar events are not. My email address is @outlook.com. An event added in calendar on PC does NOT show in calendar on outlook.live.com/calendar and also NOT on my phone....
  4. Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open: I know this is a duplicate question, however no solution on any other forum I have seen has helped me.When I click on the calendar widget on the bottom right of my taskbar, I get a loading circle for ~1 second and then nothing happens. The calendar does not open.What I have...
  5. Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open: I know this is a duplicate question, however no solution on any other forum I have seen has helped me.When I click on the calendar widget on the bottom right of my taskbar, I get a loading circle for ~1 second and then nothing happens. The calendar does not open.What I have...
  6. Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. taskbar / Startmenu disappeared!

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar / Startmenu disappeared!: My startmenu/ taskbar disappeared on Windows 10! How do I get it back? Is there a keyboard shortcut? I tried asking before and got advice to "rightclick on the taskbar" which has disappeared to set properties etc. Really looking for a friend... I tried help.microsoft.com,...
  8. Please help, my taskbar date/time calendar stopped working. Won't open the calendar when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, my taskbar date/time calendar stopped working. Won't open the calendar when...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/orb2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4lxgo/please_help_my_taskbar_datetime_calendar_stopped/
  9. Startmenu not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startmenu not opening: Ever since Windows 10 came out I've had the issue of my startmenu not opening. I've been through 4 PC's since it was released and all have had this issue. Why can't they just have such an important part of the OS working? This issue comes and goes, sometimes a reboot will...
  10. Taskbar sometimes does not hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar sometimes does not hide: Hey all, I have noticed this for a while. I have the task bar set to auto hide - this works most of the time, but, occasionally it stays up on screen and won't hide. Not the end of the world, but, it would be good have this niggle solved. Any ideas? 29476