Windows 10: sometimes no sound

Discus and support sometimes no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP pavilion Elite and when I stream CNBC I get sound but when I stream a local channel I don't get sound. I also get sound when using iTunes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 39672, Apr 2, 2019.

1. 39672 Win User

sometimes no sound

I have a HP pavilion Elite and when I stream CNBC I get sound but when I stream a local channel I don't get sound. I also get sound when using iTunes. I also get sound when streaming some other cable channels. I check control panel sounds and it says my devices are working correctly.

:)

39672, Apr 2, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sometimes no sound :p

cadaveca, Apr 2, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 2, 2019
  4. sometimes no sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

sometimes no sound

1. sometimes no sound - Similar Threads - sometimes sound

2. when i connect my airpods 3 to my laptop, the sound sometimes dissappears but this is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i connect my airpods 3 to my laptop, the sound sometimes dissappears but this is not...: when i connect my airpods 3 to my laptop, the sound sometimes dissappears for 2-3seconds and after that it again comes back but this is not happening in other laptops...
  3. when i connect my airpods 3 to my laptop, the sound sometimes dissappears but this is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i connect my airpods 3 to my laptop, the sound sometimes dissappears but this is not...: when i connect my airpods 3 to my laptop, the sound sometimes dissappears for 2-3seconds and after that it again comes back but this is not happening in other laptops...
  4. when i connect my airpods 3 to my laptop, the sound sometimes dissappears but this is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sometimes audio on games and youtube sound weird or you can't hear them.

Sometimes audio on games and youtube sound weird or you can't hear them.: I also had this since January,But its worse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-audio-on-games-and-youtube-sound-weird/7e4bb7f6-ed69-4796-bb34-b0d383381739
  6. Sometimes audio on games and youtube sound weird or you can't hear them.

Sometimes audio on games and youtube sound weird or you can't hear them.: I also had this since January,But its worse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-audio-on-games-and-youtube-sound-weird/7e4bb7f6-ed69-4796-bb34-b0d383381739
  7. Sometimes audio on games and youtube sound weird or you can't hear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes: On pc my sound is almost like choppy or stutters. I dont know what to do. It happens when I play games and listening to music. I dont have this kind of issue before. I just noticed it three days ago. I thought maybe it is my headset but when I use it on the other device it...
  9. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes: On pc my sound is almost like choppy or stutters. I dont know what to do. It happens when I play games and listening to music. I dont have this kind of issue before. I just noticed it three days ago. I thought maybe it is my headset but when I use it on the other device it...
  10. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes