Windows 10: Sometimes SSD will use 100% for a short time. It freezes what it is accessing(like watching...

Discus and support Sometimes SSD will use 100% for a short time. It freezes what it is accessing(like watching... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/itsme_shibintmz [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsme_shibintmz, May 16, 2022.

1. Sometimes SSD will use 100% for a short time. It freezes what it is accessing(like watching...

/u/itsme_shibintmz, May 16, 2022
  2. ALuidens Win User

Windows 10 Freezes; SSD's transfer rate goes to 100%

Hi,

I am experiencing the same exact problem.

• Dell Latitude E5520
    • Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.953)
    • Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (Booting Drive, Disk 0, based on combination 4GB SSD and the rest is HDD).
      • The last few months it was freezing briefly (within a minute or so) and then unfreezes. All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.
    • Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB Booting Drive (Disk 0), recently bought to replace the above 'aging' Seagate.
      • Freeze after a few operations and remains frozen until Power Recycled.
      • Disk Active Time spikes to 100% while Disk Transfer Rate is 0 or minimal.
      • All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.
    • I have not tried replacing the Microsoft generic SATA driver yet.
    Hope the above helps pin-pointing the issues. I would greatly appreciate assistance in how to replace the SATA driver, if there is no cure from Microsoft yet.

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:

Applied KB4015438. Same issue:

• All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.

UPDATE (03/27/2017):

Applied KB4016635. Issue persists:

Replaced Microsoft Generic SATA Driver to OEM (Intel) Driver. System has been stable since 03/26/2017 15:10.

ALuidens, May 16, 2022
  3. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, May 16, 2022
  4. Sometimes SSD will use 100% for a short time. It freezes what it is accessing(like watching...

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Hi, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate.

DaraMilford, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Sometimes SSD will use 100% for a short time. It freezes what it is accessing(like watching...

1. Sometimes SSD will use 100% for a short time. It freezes what it is accessing(like watching... - Similar Threads - Sometimes SSD 100%

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing and 100% of SSD is being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps freezing and 100% of SSD is being used.: Hello,So my windows 10 started freezing out of nowhere. But the mouse keeps moving. Sometimes it moves fine but other times it just lags a bunch. When I started my PC, I opened up task manager and saw that 100% of my SSD was being used when it started freezing. I dont really...
  3. Windows 10 keeps freezing and 100% of SSD is being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps freezing and 100% of SSD is being used.: Hello,So my windows 10 started freezing out of nowhere. But the mouse keeps moving. Sometimes it moves fine but other times it just lags a bunch. When I started my PC, I opened up task manager and saw that 100% of my SSD was being used when it started freezing. I dont really...
  4. Windows 10 keeps freezing and 100% of SSD is being used.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...: The SSD on my pc spikes to 100% when using specific programs or sometimes at random. Task manager doesn't show anything using the SSD and if i click or try to do anything the system freezes entirely.Here are the programs so far that i use that "trigger" this: Malwarebytes...
  6. SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...: The SSD on my pc spikes to 100% when using specific programs or sometimes at random. Task manager doesn't show anything using the SSD and if i click or try to do anything the system freezes entirely.Here are the programs so far that i use that "trigger" this: Malwarebytes...
  7. SSD spiking to 100% when using specific programs or at random and system freezing shortly...

8. quick access not looking like to what it used to be

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access not looking like to what it used to be: i deleted some files from the appdata folder to save space old software/games to install cs go but then quick access started to look weird please help, it definetely didnt look like this before help please....
  9. Momentary short freeze on drive access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Momentary short freeze on drive access: System spec Processor: Core i5 8600k (not OC) Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming - Intel Coffee Lake DDR4 ATX RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666MHz DDR4 Memory (not OC) Primary Drive: 500GB Samsung Evo 970 M2 Secondary Drive: 2TB mechanical Graphics: MSI NVIDIA...
  10. freezes and stops for a short time off and on .

freezes and stops for a short time off and on .: after starting notice my computer freezes sometimes and stops for a minute and does it off and on never done this before except last few days . I am not sure but thought maybe it came from and update ? is it ok to delete updates from a few days back ? I ran a virus scan and...