Windows 10: Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.

Discus and support Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on windows start buttun ,Some times the menu opens fine as usual. But sometimes it lags for 1sec I guess. For example:- When I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MD Danish Khan, May 11, 2020.

1. Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.

When I click on windows start buttun ,Some times the menu opens fine as usual.

But sometimes it lags for 1sec I guess.

For example:- When I am watching any video and opens the start menu that lags for just 1sec. I mean it freezes,

and the video that was playing before that also freezes at one frame. It happens only for just 1 sec.

I can't explain in my words here ..bcoz the problem is my poor English.. haha..

But please try to understand what I am trying to say.

Start menu lags for just 1 sec. and not only the strart menu , the whole OS lags at same time for just 1 sec when I

click on start buttun.

My Laptop specs- intel i5 7th gen, 8gb ram, 1TB HDD, 2gb intel HD 620 graphics, 2gb NVIDIA graphics .

I think my specs are more then enough to run Windows 10 OS . so please provide me any solution to fix this issue.

Or Microsoft will fix this issue after any updates?

:)

MD Danish Khan, May 11, 2020

2. Start menu lag/delay.

Start menu lag/delay.

Hello! My start menu from windows 10 doesn't work properly,it takes to load 1 second sometimes.I tried to disable the animations and its the same.

Alex B. (A.B.), May 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, May 11, 2020
  4. EShirou Win User

Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.

Windows 10 Star Menu tile lag - misplaced cursor for a few seconds

I am expieriencing a wierd start menu lag (for now im on the old start menu, i dunno if it appears on the fullscreen one because I haven't tested yet) and I want to ask if it's normal and/or how to fix it

Let's say I have for example two tiles pinned to my start menu in this order from top to bottom in one line:
    1. Documents
    2. Downloads
    3. Games
    I am a person who selects everything in a blink of an eye so in one seconds, right after i click on start button I already have my mouse cursor on the tile I want to click and click it to open the thing I want to open, takes me 1 maybe 1,5 second to do this task. There is an issue with start menu in w10 over here. There is some weird lag or cursor alligement issue for about 1-2 seconds after you open start menu. When you hover over for example Downloads tile, and your mouse cursor is exactly at the downloads tile, instead one tile above the tile you are hovering is hovered and if i press it that tile will open. So if i hover over Downloads, Documents will hover, and if I click, it will open documents. If I hover over Games tile, it will hover Downloads and if I quickly click like i do usually, it will open Downloads folder instead :/ The only workaround for this is to either not move my mouse cursor and wait 5-10 seconds for the cursor placement to hover over the right thing (so when im hovering over Games, it will hover over games after those 5 seconds) or if I am constantly moving my mouse cursor around Games tile, then it will hover over that tile 2 seconds later after my mouse cursor has landed on that tile so I can finally click on it and open what I wanted:/ It is happening every time I open the start menu: Press start button > Hover over tile I want to open > need to move my mouse curcor around that tile for 1,5 ~ 2 seconds, or not move my cursor and wait 5 seconds for windows to actually select that tile > then I can click it, start menu will close, my thing will open > after I need to use start menu again I have to go through the same thing again...

Is it a common thing? Do you have the same issue? Did MS messed up something and the menu start has some weird delay/lag? Is there a fix?

EDIT: I made a video presenting the issue, available over here ->

EShirou, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second.

1. Sometimes Start menu lags for 1 second. - Similar Threads - Sometimes Start menu

2. Start menu icons sometimes blurry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons sometimes blurry?: Hi everyone, I have just updated my PC to the latest Windows update which offers the Copilot preview function. I have noticed that some icons under the 'apps' list when searching on start menu are a bit blurry. The text though isn't blurry and I have the latest drivers....
  3. Start menu icons sometimes blurry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu icons sometimes blurry?: Hi everyone, I have just updated my PC to the latest Windows update which offers the Copilot preview function. I have noticed that some icons under the 'apps' list when searching on start menu are a bit blurry. The text though isn't blurry and I have the latest drivers....
  4. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu lags drastically: Unable to start my daily session since my apps in start menu keeps on lagging. I open the apps but it will take couple of minutes to open then it will close. It happens in every apps....
  5. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu lags drastically: Unable to start my daily session since my apps in start menu keeps on lagging. I open the apps but it will take couple of minutes to open then it will close. It happens in every apps....
  6. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start menu Lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu Lag: Hello everyone ! I run on windows version 1909 and all of a sudden last week my start menu would lag and have a delay of about 3 seconds before actually popping up. I always search stuff on my computer by pressing the Windows button and typing in, but because of this weird...
  8. Typing lag - 1 second approx

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Typing lag - 1 second approx: I had the typing lag issue where I typed but the letter appears about 1 second later on Firefox, Word and Excel. and think I have solved it. I tried many other ideas but this one worked - not sure why (please enlighten if you can). Troubleshoot the program in question. Then...
  9. lag on mouse sometimes

lag on mouse sometimes: Hello when i upgrade my windows seven to ten, i face usually with mouse lag, this is not ever, but usually i see this when i run system for 5hours.. in seven i was okay, but in ten windows i see this issue usually. Thanks. 57959
  10. 1-3 second lags

1-3 second lags: So this started like last week where i get these small lags when my pc freezes for like 1-3 seconds. It can happen when i play games or just browsing. It happens probably like 2 times every hour. This is a problem for me because when i play csgo and im shooting towards...