Windows 10: Sometimes the start button doesn't work

Discus and support Sometimes the start button doesn't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! Sometimes when I click the start button or hit the windows key on my keyboard, nothing happens. The start menu doesn't open, even if I let it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wafflewrestler, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Sometimes the start button doesn't work

Hello!

Sometimes when I click the start button or hit the windows key on my keyboard, nothing happens. The start menu doesn't open, even if I let it sit for several minutes. The only way to get it working again is to shut down/restart (which can be done by right clicking the start button).

I just did a fresh install of windows 10. All my drivers are downloaded and windows is up to date. The issue I'm having happens not only now but also before I did the fresh install.

Any idea what's causing this and how i can fix it? Thanks!

submitted by /u/wafflewrestler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wafflewrestler, Feb 25, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sometimes the start button doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 25, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Sometimes the start button doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Sometimes the start button doesn't work

Start button doesn´t work

This is really dissapointing

The Start menu button, windows key, applications in the task bar, notifications, antivirus label and time doesn´t work. I cannot switch beteween users and the only way to shut down the computer is turning it off. Actually I'm accesing the computer via a
    local user I created when installed Win10, but in that account happens the same. The machine upload the system very slowly and when I try to modify anything via control panel (which I reach through a "desktop" label) the admistrator's password is required
    and submitted with no problems. Thw Windows analysis says that today and other past days the windows explorer wasn't uploaded.

There was no way of restarting via previous point because there wasn't any and I couldn't restart the computer in my previous windows (7) version.

Miguel Paez, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Sometimes the start button doesn't work

1. Sometimes the start button doesn't work - Similar Threads - Sometimes start button

2. start actions button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start actions button doesn't work: hi ,Today I downloaded a virus.windows defender updated me that.I want to press the start actions button but it doesn't workNEED HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-actions-button-doesnt-work/9b98358e-4b44-46b6-b1ab-94ae77979620
  3. Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sometimes bluetooth works and sometimes doesn't: Sometimes bluetooth stop working. And i have to restart the pc many times but still it doesn't work. I also tried to install bluetooth driver but things didn't work out....
  4. Start Button of Device Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Button of Device Doesn't Work: My start button wont work. It will not even turn my laptop on... Is there, hopefully, another way to turn it on and off? Also how can I prevent this after it's fixed?? Thank you [Original Title: Start Button]...
  5. Start button and sound doesn't work.

Start button and sound doesn't work.: i think it has something to do with the windows 10 update but since yesterday "2020-12-22" my sound has completely stopped working, Whenever i go to Audio devices it shows nothing. And on top of that my windows start button at the bottom left side of my screen has stopped...
  6. Start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start button doesn't work: My Start button doesn't work when I left click. The search tool bar also doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work/47f2c01a-17df-45f3-b6f3-c99d2232dd0f
  7. The start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The start button doesn't work: The start button doesn't pull up choices like shutdown etc. Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-button-doesnt-work/cad01cc4-2bd7-4aa3-a426-d2d397a2ebd6
  8. Windows start button doesn't work

Windows start button doesn't work: Any idea's or fixes my start button doesn't work when pressed on keyboard or via mouse on screen try to restore back to earlier point it failed and ran SFC no issues found Windows 10 pro build 19041.450 version 2004...
  9. Start Button doesn't work

Start Button doesn't work: The Start Button doesn't work in my Windows 10 desktop. I am also not able to update Windows. Kindly provide a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work/50f751c3-f6d0-4108-a895-d5d7a5ff16b6
  10. Start button doesn't work.

Start button doesn't work.: Neither right nor left clicks on mouse work. I've tried suggestions that I saw on microsoft help website. Nada. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button-doesnt-work/95597b0c-6955-47bf-b970-5cf82b30de6a