Windows 10: Sometimes when booting up, sometimes not, Windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi

Discus and support Sometimes when booting up, sometimes not, Windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently I upgraded (clean install) to Windows 10 on my really old laptop that certainly needed it. Everything is going wonderfully, and I'm getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndroidUser37, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Sometimes when booting up, sometimes not, Windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi

So recently I upgraded (clean install) to Windows 10 on my really old laptop that certainly needed it. Everything is going wonderfully, and I'm getting a pretty good performance bump, but for some strange reason, every once in a while, once I boot up the WiFi doesn't work. It just gets no internet on any network, and only resetting the adapter fixes it. Then, when I restart the computer it's automatically connected and ready like nothing ever happened and my WiFi card is the most reliable thing in the world. I think this is a bug, but not sure, so I didn't flair it as such. It's gotta be a Windows 10 problem, as it never happened on Windows 7. I'm just using whatever driver it grabbed automatically.

submitted by /u/AndroidUser37
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AndroidUser37, Jun 30, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jun 30, 2020
  3. karmapala Win User
    How to solve connecting android phone to the created hostednetwork of windows 10 sometimes hit sometimes miss ?

My Windows 10 PC use TP-LINK usb wifi adapter TL-WN723N to connect to the internet via wifi hotspot from my android phone.

Around two weeks ago, I've tried to create Windows 10 hosted network on the PC just for file sharing to my android phone.

Guided by the internet article I can create the hosted network with the following step :

In the cmd :

netsh wlan show drivers ---> Hosted network supported : YES

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Computer key=12345678

netsh wlan start hostednetwork ---> The hosted network started

So on my android phone, I choose the "Computer" wifi hotspot.

It's connected, then I can share file from android phone to PC using file transfer app installed on the computer and the android phone.

Now the problem is, it's sometimes connected directly to the "Computer" wifi hotspot without problem - but sometimes it won't connect as on the phone I see text "Obtaining IP address" with never ending running dots.

When the "Obtaining IP address" with never ending running dots happen...

In the Network Connection PC-window :

• A. After I untick the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"
      on the TP-LINK USB wifi adapter icon, click OK.... then later on I tick it back again (and choose the Local Area Connection - Microsoft Hosted Network for the Home networking connection), sometimes it soon work (the phone can connect to the "Computer"
      wifi hotspot), but sometimes not.
    • B. After I disable the TP-LINK USB wifi adapter icon then enable it back, it sometimes work and sometimes not.
    • C. After I restart the computer, it sometimes work but sometimes not.
    • D. After netsh wlan stop hostednetwork then netsh wlan start hostednetwork,
      sometimes work sometimes not

Today, I've tried A / B / C /D again and again and again - but there is no more "sometimes work - sometimes not" because today whatever option I did, it doesn't work (my phone unable to connect to the "Computer" wifi hotspot with never ending running
    dots "obtaining IP address" on the phone).

Would someone please help me on how to resolve this ?

Any kind of respond would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

karmapala, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sometimes when booting up, sometimes not, Windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi

Wifi connection sometimes dissapearing

Wifi connection sometimes dissapearing does anybody here can help me how to fix this proble. im using a cisco router. but the other employee always dissapearing there connection in WIFI anybody here know what is the root of the problem ?? thanks for the help in advance GOD Bless alwayss.

jasondee1992, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Sometimes when booting up, sometimes not, Windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi

1. Sometimes when booting up, sometimes not, Windows 10 refuses to connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - Sometimes booting sometimes

2. Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.: Hello,I have windows 10 home clean installed. The issue i am facing is that when i fire up my laptop it doesn’t boot the windows instead it shows blank screen until i cut the power and turn it back on. Though, Rarely it sometimes will not boot in a row or three. It is now...
  3. Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn’t boot sometimes.: Hello,I have windows 10 home clean installed. The issue i am facing is that when i fire up my laptop it doesn’t boot the windows instead it shows blank screen until i cut the power and turn it back on. Though, Rarely it sometimes will not boot in a row or three. It is now...
  4. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  5. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly: Greetings mates.Directly getting to point...So, the problem is, my Windows 10 all updates installed as on 28 March 2022, i.e. today sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly, these variances are indefinite, they happen randomly. I have an SSDCase 1: sometimes my pc...
  6. Windows sometimes boots up quickly and sometimes slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear: So, I have enable the option to hide the taskbar because I think it makes my desktop look much better. The problem is that sometimes I have to minimize all of my windows sometimes it works if I just minimize a specific one to get the taskbar to reappear and it's quite...
  8. Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 sometimes boots sometimes does not on SSD.: Used MediaCreationTool2004 on a Verbatim 8gb USB. Someone asked me to fix a laptop which has problems booting. At first, when turned on it gave me the 0x0000185 error. I tried booting from the EFI file which booted the system properly. So I went on and copied user's...
  9. Windows sometimes boots sometimes doesn't normally but always boots when selecting a disk...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows sometimes boots sometimes doesn't normally but always boots when selecting a disk...: After multiple reinstalls of Windows on SSD it keeps giving me errors : No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key Boot device not found, Hard DISK (3F0) Device needs to be repaired. When I enter the boot manager by pressing F9 during startup. Choosing the...
  10. Wifi connection sometimes dissapearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection sometimes dissapearing: Wifi connection sometimes dissapearing does anybody here can help me how to fix this proble. im using a cisco router. but the other employee always dissapearing there connection in WIFI anybody here know what is the root of the problem ?? thanks for the help in advance GOD...