Windows 10: Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....

Discus and support Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up. Instead the properties window pops up, and when I click a link in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DiLSHAD-01, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....

Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up. Instead the properties window pops up, and when I click a link in any Browser it does'nt open and instead it downloads a shortcut of the link. and this happen to all shortcuts on Desktop and all links in all browsers. and I restart to solve this problem.

What cause this problem and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

:)

DiLSHAD-01, Feb 1, 2019

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....

1. Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up.... - Similar Threads - Sometimes double click

2. This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them: I recently bought a new PC Dell that has Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 2021 for Home and Business. For some reason, two of my desktop shortcuts "This PC" and "Microsoft Outlook" don't always open immediately when I click on them; sometimes they seem "frozen" and won't open,...
  3. This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them: I recently bought a new PC Dell that has Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 2021 for Home and Business. For some reason, two of my desktop shortcuts "This PC" and "Microsoft Outlook" don't always open immediately when I click on them; sometimes they seem "frozen" and won't open,...
  4. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  5. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  6. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  7. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  8. I was tryna open a folder on my Desktop. When I double-clicked the folder the windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was tryna open a folder on my Desktop. When I double-clicked the folder the windows...: [ATTACH] Image submitted by /u/ItsMeEnx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyxqrl/i_was_tryna_open_a_folder_on_my_desktop_when_i/
  9. Double clicking doesn't work on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Double clicking doesn't work on desktop: When I double click an icon on the desktop, nothing seems to happen. However, I can select an icon, and then hit enter, the icon/program/site does work. The same thing happens in Outlook. I double click or single click an item, and it will not display. If I highlight the...
  10. Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

in Browsers and Email
    Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it: Does anyone find Edge on rare occasions does not open? I have it pinned to the taskbar and on very, very rare instances nothing opens. It's a very easy remedy, either reboot or quicker still if I go into taskmanager and kill the edge process. Then if I click on the pinned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens when you double click a shortcut on the desktop