Windows 10: Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out

Discus and support Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I play a lot of games and I’ve had my laptop for about 2 years. It’s not the greatest but it gets the job done. Sometimes when I play a game my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maximiliano onyeche, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out

I play a lot of games and I’ve had my laptop for about 2 years. It’s not the greatest but it gets the job done. Sometimes when I play a game my screen turns black for about 5 seconds. During this time my friends on discord can’t hear me. After this the games window turns white but only the game. Sometimes when I stream to my friends they can still see the game but it’s still white for me. This normally occurs when I’m playing on high fps. If I cap my fps at 60 it happens less often. Some games recover from this but most games don’t. Lastly on some games afterwards it says “your gpu has crashed

:)

Maximiliano onyeche, Mar 21, 2023

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 21, 2023
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out

Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out

1. Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out - Similar Threads - Sometimes play game

2. Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...: once I reset my pc once it was fine for a couple of months but that is not a permanent solution ofcourse. when I restart my laptop or shutdown and wait for like half an hour it's still really slow. the temperatures don't feel any worse then normal. I specs are: an i7-1165G7...
  3. Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...: once I reset my pc once it was fine for a couple of months but that is not a permanent solution ofcourse. when I restart my laptop or shutdown and wait for like half an hour it's still really slow. the temperatures don't feel any worse then normal. I specs are: an i7-1165G7...
  4. When I play my games it sometimes tabs out by itself and I don't even press the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play my games it sometimes tabs out by itself and I don't even press the windows...: I'm playing my game it it tabs out randomly, any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-play-my-games-it-sometimes-tabs-out-by/99418d57-9d0a-4798-9412-7ee1c5aff6fc
  5. When I play my games it sometimes tabs out by itself and I don't even press the windows...

When I play my games it sometimes tabs out by itself and I don't even press the windows...: I'm playing my game it it tabs out randomly, any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-play-my-games-it-sometimes-tabs-out-by/99418d57-9d0a-4798-9412-7ee1c5aff6fc
  6. Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes when I play a game my laptop buggs out: I play a lot of games and I’ve had my laptop for about 2 years. It’s not the greatest but it gets the job done. Sometimes when I play a game my screen turns black for about 5 seconds. During this time my friends on discord can’t hear me. After this the games window turns...
  7. My game sometimes crashes or freeze when i have play game for a while.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My game sometimes crashes or freeze when i have play game for a while.: My game sometimes crashes or freeze when i have play game for a while. I have done everything from recommendation. So i dont know how to fix this problem now. before this problem happen i have change the CPU and i think it because og that so i already reinstall windows now...
  8. My game sometimes crashes or freeze when i have play game for a while.

My game sometimes crashes or freeze when i have play game for a while.: My game sometimes crashes or freeze when i have play game for a while. I have done everything from recommendation. So i dont know how to fix this problem now. before this problem happen i have change the CPU and i think it because og that so i already reinstall windows now...
  9. My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games: Hello, I have been having this issue for a long time. I have tried many options such as: Update your driversClear your temp filesRun a memory checkAdjust the size of your virtual memoryRun System File CheckerCheck for viruses and malwareBut none of these worked. I have fully...
  10. My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games

My Computer Freezes sometimes when playing Games: Hello, I have been having this issue for a long time. I have tried many options such as: Update your driversClear your temp filesRun a memory checkAdjust the size of your virtual memoryRun System File CheckerCheck for viruses and malwareBut none of these worked. I have fully...