Windows 10: Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,...

Discus and support Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can still move the window around and close it, but the picture never displays when this happens. This is seemingly intermittent; sometimes I can open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lukeman3000, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,...

I can still move the window around and close it, but the picture never displays when this happens. This is seemingly intermittent; sometimes I can open picture and view them without issue. This seems to be something that started happening recently but to my knowledge I've made no changes to my computer...

submitted by /u/lukeman3000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lukeman3000, Jul 17, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 17, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Open with another app 'photos'

I've just checked my own and for comparison this is what appears when selecting open with for a .jpg photo file:

Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,... [​IMG]

If I select an image file which doesn't have associations set such as a GIMP .xcf file I see an open with... and clicking this gets to the alternative windows apps selection box:

Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,... [​IMG]

I wonder if this gives you a clue to what your missing app should be?

philc43, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,...

Element not found when trying to open pics with Photos app

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us if this issue specific to any particular picture you trying to view and edit?

If the issue is with all the pictures, I suggest you to uninstall the app and try to reinstall from Windows Store.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,...

1. Sometimes when I try to open a picture, the photos app just comes up as a giant black box,... - Similar Threads - Sometimes try open

2. I am trying to download a file. It downloads but when I click on it to open it a box comes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to download a file. It downloads but when I click on it to open it a box comes...: I am trying to download a program. I can download the file but when I try to open it to install it a box comes up telling me to get it from the store. The file I need isn't in the store. How can I open the file I have downloaded?...
  3. I am trying to download a file. It downloads but when I click on it to open it a box comes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to download a file. It downloads but when I click on it to open it a box comes...: I am trying to download a program. I can download the file but when I try to open it to install it a box comes up telling me to get it from the store. The file I need isn't in the store. How can I open the file I have downloaded?...
  4. When I am trying to open the microsoftapps such as Photos, it is not working. It is just...

When I am trying to open the microsoftapps such as Photos, it is not working. It is just...: When I am trying to open the microsoftapps such as Photos, it is not working. It is just blinking. Sometimes the start button also doesn't work and task bar is not responging. Microsoft apps including store is also not opening....
  5. errors come up when im trying to open photo shop

in Windows 10 Customization
    errors come up when im trying to open photo shop: error comr up when im trying to open up photo shop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errors-come-up-when-im-trying-to-open-photo-shop/26d16097-92e7-4378-9ced-a133263afab6
  6. Photo's app Crashing just by drawing on a picture

Photo's app Crashing just by drawing on a picture: So i wanted to draw on a picture but there is a problem. my system crashes! the mouse cursor works but nothing else. Not even the start button. I already have reset the photos app but it still does not work. any suggestions?? PC Specs: System Manufacturer Acer System...
  7. Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture

Photos app randomly hangs when opening a picture: Since a week or so, when double-clicking any picture on my PC associated with the Photos app, the app sometimes starts blank and I can't do anything but close it. It then takes about 5 seconds before I can try and open the picture a 2nd time which then succeeds and the Photos...
  8. "This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This photo couldn't be displayed" when I try to open pictures on OneDrive: Created September 20, 2019 by NATALIA1040 When I try to open these pictures on my One Drive,I get this error message.I just get this message on my Moto G7 Power, not on my pc .How do I delete these off my cell? It won't let you move them,open,or delete them. [ATTACH] *...
  9. Cortana is a giant empty box

in Cortana
    Cortana is a giant empty box: Out of nowhere while my pc was running, my cortana search results box became giant and empty. The only answer I have found to this problem is to make a new microsoft profile which I really do not want to do. How can I fix Cortana?[ATTACH]...
  10. The following error comes up when trying to open pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The following error comes up when trying to open pictures: file systerm error -2147219196 I have upgraded Windows and is current What else can I do to rectify problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/the-following-error-comes-up-when-trying-to-open/6d4c32f9-ca12-4b28-86b9-750b3802e9fd