Windows 10: Sometimes when PC boots into Windows 10, I can't do anything

Discus and support Sometimes when PC boots into Windows 10, I can't do anything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I've build a new computer, nothing has been reused, everything should be new. At first everything seemed to go very well, did the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sebastian B. 98, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Sometimes when PC boots into Windows 10, I can't do anything

A few weeks ago I've build a new computer, nothing has been reused, everything should be new.

At first everything seemed to go very well, did the usual, installed everything I need Adobe Cloud, Autodeks programms and some games, nothing which should create any harm, disabled Windows Defender because I use ESET NOD32 and it ran like you'd expect for a couple of weeks.

But now, about 1/3 of every boot I get this issue where Windows is taking longer than usual to load up and when it does, I can't do anything on the Desktop, can't click on anything, nothing will open up and such. Main icons are there, but the ones one the bottom taskbar are missing, I also can't open the task-manager etc. A simple reboot will do and it's like nothing has ever happened, but this isn't how I'd like to handle it for the next couple of years.

I've found topics on the internet and forums about simmilar or the same problem, just not that it's from time to time, like in my case. Also tried out most of those said CMD and PowerShell commands.For Example

In addition to this, when it boots up normally, more often than not, the icons of files, images, folders etc which have been deleted from the Desktop, do reappear on there, when I try to delete them it says they no longer exist, restarting the explorer does correct this issue.

What on Gods Earth have I done to mess my Windows up this much? Don't really want to do a complete reinstall of everything after a month of use and my Internet speed is terrible aswell.

Hopefully someone out there is kind enough to try and help me,

thank you very much in advance!

Windows 10 Pro, Version: 2H20 Installed on a brand new 500GB Samsung Evo 970 Plus NVMe M.2

All Drivers installed and Up2Date

:)

Sebastian B. 98, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Jborg Win User

Sometimes when PC boots into Windows 10, I can't do anything

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Sometimes when PC boots into Windows 10, I can't do anything

1. Sometimes when PC boots into Windows 10, I can't do anything - Similar Threads - Sometimes boots can't

2. I can't do anything on my windows 10 PC anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do anything on my windows 10 PC anymore: So I was wanting to install windows 7 on my second hard disk partition with windows 10 on first, after reboot, I kind of like was in a rush and I wanted nobody to see that I'm installing it, so I unplugged my monitor, I saw I have more time, I plugged it back, PC was running...
  3. I can't do anything on my windows 10 PC anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't do anything on my windows 10 PC anymore: So I was wanting to install windows 7 on my second hard disk partition with windows 10 on first, after reboot, I kind of like was in a rush and I wanted nobody to see that I'm installing it, so I unplugged my monitor, I saw I have more time, I plugged it back, PC was running...
  4. I can't do anything on my windows 10 PC anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't do anything but boot into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do anything but boot into bios: I'm all locked out of my Asus laptop\tablet beet to fac reset... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-do-anything-but-boot-into-bios/0aa9b78b-76a8-4e78-a134-e349ed53066f
  6. I can't do anything but boot into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't do anything but boot into bios: I'm all locked out of my Asus laptop\tablet beet to fac reset... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-do-anything-but-boot-into-bios/0aa9b78b-76a8-4e78-a134-e349ed53066f
  7. Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot into safe mode, can't do anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot into safe mode, can't do anything.: Last night I was following a video to increase the FPS in GTA 5. The guy instructed to make a restore point beforehand, so I did. Then I applied the changes, which included changing some regedit stuff. After I was done, I didn't like the changes, so I restored to the point,...
  8. Can't click anything on my PC sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click anything on my PC sometimes: Almost every time I use my computer I have a really annoying bug to deal with and no one seems to have exactly the same problem that I have. - Sometimes (randomly) I can't click icons (even the start button) on the task bar. Hover animations does not work either. -...
  9. Sometimes PC won't display anything when I turn it on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes PC won't display anything when I turn it on: Hey, This happened 4 or 5 times. Sometimes when I turn on my PC it doesn't show anything on the monitor, I've waited a few minutes but nothing comes up. I must turn it off using the button on the case, because there's no other way, and then on again to fix it. I'm afraid...
  10. I can't boot, I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't boot, I can't do anything: I continuously get the same error over and over, C:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt I've tried repairing, it doesnt work. I've tried resetting all of my hard disks, I get an error about 30% into it. Nothing works, I've spent hours trying to get back onto my...