Windows 10: Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead

Discus and support Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use the Firefox web browser as my primary. Sometimes, when accessing the Microsoft website, Internet Explorer opens instead. What gives? I prefer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FredMcDonald, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead

I use the Firefox web browser as my primary. Sometimes, when accessing the Microsoft

website, Internet Explorer opens instead. What gives? I prefer Firefox.

:)

FredMcDonald, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Castiel Win User

Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Apr 15, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. btarunr Win User

Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead

Mozilla Firefox 4 Web-Browser Released

Mozilla Corporation unveiled the "latest and greatest" version of its popular web-browser, Mozilla Firefox 4. With this release, the open-source browser achieves all essential features common with the latest generation of web-browsers that include Google Chrome 10+ and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, which are: HTML5 support, and GPU-accelerated webpage drawing. Apart from being a lot faster than Firefox 3.6, the new browser sports a completely new user interface that shifts tabs to the titlebar, shifts menus to a "Firefox" button, and consolidates the address bar, search bar, and navigation buttons into a single line, which it refers to as the "Awesome Bar". Apart from a new bookmark manager, Firefox lets you group tabs to streamline multitasking on the browser. Mozilla Firefox 4 will be available to a variety of platforms.

Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead 136a_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: Mozilla Firefox 4

btarunr, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead

1. Sometimes when using the Firefox web browser, Internet Explorer opens instead - Similar Threads - Sometimes using Firefox

2. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.: Hello,I haven't been able to open my hotmail email for weeks on the Firefox browser. This is what comes up: https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/junkemail and a blank page. What's going on?How do I fix this?Megan...
  3. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.: Hello,I haven't been able to open my hotmail email for weeks on the Firefox browser. This is what comes up: https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/junkemail and a blank page. What's going on?How do I fix this?Megan...
  4. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  6. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  7. Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace Edge web browser to internet explorer: how do i uninstall Edge web browser and install internet explorer again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-edge-web-browser-to-internet-explorer/2e529a22-2ed9-4c11-87f4-e74bd54a486c
  8. FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing: I'm not really sure when this started (maybe 2 weeks ago). My browser of choice is FireFox, so I'm not really sure if this happens in other web browsers. Every so often while I am browsing or using multiple tabs, the page would glitch up. There would be black, white, or blue...
  9. Firefox won't open sometimes

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't open sometimes: Hi All, Windows 1809 has gone weird on Firefox sometimes and displays a popup window stating "Can't open this item" I always have my browsers pinned to the taskbar and every so often when I click on the firefox icon on taskbar i get a popup window. I am attaching a pic....
  10. Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer 11 now most used web browser in World: Microsoft’s most current web browser Internet Explorer 11 is now the most popular web-surfing tool out there. According to the latest stats from analyst firm Net Applications, the Internet Explorer 11 has climbed up the order to take the baton from the widespread Internet...