Windows 10: sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break

Discus and support sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been going for 2 days. I've lately tried to install Docker on my pc which requires a restart to configure windows. and my pc shut down while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by solo1010, Mar 30, 2020.

1. solo1010 Win User

sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break

This has been going for 2 days.
    I've lately tried to install Docker on my pc which requires a restart to configure windows. and my pc shut down while it's doing that.

ever since if I try to watch a video online/ locally or launch a game sounds will break, and the video output will start to lag.

Listening to music using Spotify and Groove Music causes it too.

I've tried everything:

- I've run an SFC and a DISM.

- I tried Troubleshooting audio.

- I've updated all audio and video drivers from the device manager. I even downloaded DriverBoost.

- I even did a clean boot.

More Info:

- Sometimes I can watch YT videos if they're not in Fullscreen on my primary monitor and sometimes I can also watch videos in fullscreen on my TV which is connected to my PC using an HDMI cord

- Also when sounds breaks usually closing everything that's outputting audio or restarting fixes it.

- When it happens and I open the Volume mixer sometimes the spectrums are frozen and sometimes it's moving without giving any output

- if I open a video it takes around 3-4 seconds for sounds to break

:)

solo1010, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

YouTube Music can now switch seamlessly between audio and music videos

Source: Official YouTube Blog: YouTube Music now lets listeners switch seamlessly between audio and music videos

Brink, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    YouTube Music can now switch seamlessly between audio and music videos

Source: Official YouTube Blog: YouTube Music now lets listeners switch seamlessly between audio and music videos

Brink, Mar 30, 2020
  4. sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break

speaker crackles when watching movies and listening to music.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the music and movies file. I will certainly assist you.

As per the description, please answer the following queries.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Are you watching the movies online or offline?

3. Is the issue specific to a particular file?

4. Are you getting any error message or error code while you are hearing the "speaker crackles"?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Audio Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Update audio driver software

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break

1. sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break - Similar Threads - sometimes watching video

2. Pc freeze when listen music or watch video while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freeze when listen music or watch video while gaming: I just bought a new computer and i am facing a big issue,usually i watch videos or listen music while gaming, but when i do it now it causes pc to freeze,like there is no problem when i watch only videos or listen music, but when im in game tab videos lags and musics causes...
  3. Pc freeze when listen music or watch video while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freeze when listen music or watch video while gaming: I just bought a new computer and i am facing a big issue,usually i watch videos or listen music while gaming, but when i do it now it causes pc to freeze,like there is no problem when i watch only videos or listen music, but when im in game tab videos lags and musics causes...
  4. no sound when watching a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound when watching a video: lost my sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-watching-a-video/8c025b58-5204-4fc9-a312-016cfd978439
  5. no sound when watching a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound when watching a video: lost my sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-watching-a-video/8c025b58-5204-4fc9-a312-016cfd978439
  6. Watch Microsoft the Musical video

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft the Musical video: "Microsoft the Musical" was dreamt up and led by interns spending the summer of 2019 at Microsoft. This Tony Awards-style musical theater opening number is just one of many passion projects that came to life because we were encouraged to bring our whole selves to work. And...
  7. volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume goes down when im watching a video or listening to music: how can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-goes-down-when-im-watching-a-video-or/65806712-6875-4e0c-81f8-78b6259df092
  8. whatching video and listening music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    whatching video and listening music: Hello I installed 360 total security app on my laptop This program has informed me that there are a few junk files on your laptop and they should be remove to speed up your top laptop. It removed the files and now video and music is not being played on my laptop. Now 67...
  9. Sound Glitch when watching videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Glitch when watching videos: Whenever I watch a video on youtube or other videos on the internet there is a weird slight glitching sound that occurs very briefly and sporadically. I don't think its the laptop because I have watched DVDs on it and the sound and picture have been perfect and I have...
  10. BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.: Hey all. I've been getting bsod's mainly when I am playing League of Legends, or any other game really. It's been ongoing for about 2 months now. These past couple weeks have been very bad, happening every day. It's inconsistent as well, I could play for hours and nothing...