Windows 10: sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen

Discus and support sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; many time while having my online classes my laptop has a grey screen with a cursor, and a dialog box comes with a message 'the program isn't working'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Akshat Jain 1769, Sep 16, 2021.

1. sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen

many time while having my online classes my laptop has a grey screen with a cursor, and a dialog box comes with a message 'the program isn't working' something like that. i click ok and my laptop stop working, it is still on but i can see nothing except grey.pls help because i have to hard shutdown my laptop and Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B or Windows logo key + P or Ctrl + Alt + Del works.model nameHP Laptop 15_da0xxxos built19043.1237product id00327-35193-84163-AAOEM

:)

Akshat Jain 1769, Sep 16, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 16, 2021
  3. RAV
    Rav Win User
    Win 10 won't boot after screen goes grey.

I did almost everything like you wrote, except

select partition 3
    detail partition
    select partition 4
    detail partition
    select partition 5
    detail partition

I only got two partitions so I thougth this was not nescesery. I hope I was correct.

Here are the results:

sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen [​IMG]

Then I rebooted, but the result was the same as in first post.

And here are the results for the last four commands:

Again, reboot and same thing.

BTW, I booted from USB stick with the Win 10 that I have used to instal that version of Windows. All the commants in command prompt was done int the command prompt from USB stick. Was this ok, or I should have use command prompt from installed OS?

4. sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen

1. sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen - Similar Threads - sometimes while working

2. Blue screen error while playing game in laptop after sometime.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error while playing game in laptop after sometime.: After playing games in my laptop for 20 minute or sometimes 30 minute depends upon the temperature of my room if it's little hot I get blue screen within 20 minute and if it's cold then I got blue screen after 30 min. But if I play games on emulator or some game which doesn't...
  3. Blue screen error while playing game in laptop after sometime.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error while playing game in laptop after sometime.: After playing games in my laptop for 20 minute or sometimes 30 minute depends upon the temperature of my room if it's little hot I get blue screen within 20 minute and if it's cold then I got blue screen after 30 min. But if I play games on emulator or some game which doesn't...
  4. Blue screen error while playing game in laptop after sometime.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting: My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this problem came back a week later more severely. I have to mention I have both windows and ubuntu on my pc and both get the...
  6. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting: My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this problem came back a week later more severely. I have to mention I have both windows and ubuntu on my pc and both get the...
  7. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Laptop screen randomly turns black and sometimes grey with computer still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen randomly turns black and sometimes grey with computer still running: Hi all,Hoping someone might be able to help. The screen on my laptop randomly turns black while the computer is still running and I have to restart by holding the power button down. Sometimes it will resolve if I close the lid and make the computer sleep, although more often...
  9. Total grey screen after booting the system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total grey screen after booting the system: I reset my dell g3 laptop and after finishing the setup, the screen had the default background and only the recycle bin.... Nothing else. So i restarted the computer and it was showing grey screen with cursor. I restarted multiple times but the result was same. Then I tried...
  10. Grey screen levels on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey screen levels on my laptop?: Hi everyone, I seem to be getting a problem with my laptop where a grey screen shows with like a grey to black levels shows up from time to time and the only way to fix it is by restarting the pc with a forced shutdown or pulling out the battery any advise you can give me?...