Windows 10: Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

Discus and support Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If anyone have idea about this, please comment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sampreeth c, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

If anyone have idea about this, please comment

:)

sampreeth c, Apr 18, 2024
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode.... 269222d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-options.png

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode.... 269223d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-options-2.png

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode.... 269224d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-plan2.png

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode.... 269225d1583351612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-power-plans.png

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode.... 51612t-asus-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-mode-screenshot_2020-03-04-intel-reg-driver-support-assistant.png

Chadi, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Howlitzer Win User

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

WiFi disabled during sleep

I've recently tried to download a large file onto a USB drive to update my car's mapping. During this, I've noticed that when the laptop goes to sleep, the WiFi connection is disabled and no download progress is made. On waking it, the WiFi connection is momentarily unavailable and reconnects as usual.

I've looked at several articles and tried disabling power saving for all my network adapters in Power Management; changing power saving mode to 'maximum performance' in advanced settings of Power Options; and disabling and re-enabling my WiFi network adapter. However, none of these solutions have worked.

At the moment, I have temporarily disabled sleep mode whilst the laptop is plugged in as a workaround. How do I fix the causal issue?

Howlitzer, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

1. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode.... - Similar Threads - Sometimes wifi option

2. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  3. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  4. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  5. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  6. Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode

Laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking up from sleep mode: Laptop always get BSOD when waking up from screen mode. This could if I manual put it to sleep and wait awhile or leave for a long time and come back. Event viewer shows this every time it reboots:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000019c...
  7. Wifi keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps getting disabled: I have a laptop running windows 11 and everytime I want to use a wired connection I need to use an adapter to USB-C. THe problem however is that the moment I plug it in my WIFI connection gets disabled and cannot be turned back on when it is still plugged in. Besides that it...
  8. Wifi keeps getting disabled

Wifi keeps getting disabled: I have a laptop running windows 11 and everytime I want to use a wired connection I need to use an adapter to USB-C. THe problem however is that the moment I plug it in my WIFI connection gets disabled and cannot be turned back on when it is still plugged in. Besides that it...
  9. wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode: I recently bought 14-dv0054TU HP laptop with ms windows 10 home and its wifi is getting disconnected in sleep mode. I could not find any setting to make it configure to enable always. Is there any?...
  10. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.: I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed that whenever my laptop was in sleep mode it'd get really hot to the touch, even hotter than when I run a demanding game or...