Windows 10: Somewhat temperamental wifi

Discus and support Somewhat temperamental wifi in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So having updated my Qualcomm drivers to fix my non existent chance of connecting to my WiFi I am not that impressed with the fix, out of 50 attempts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Samuel josephs, May 31, 2019.

1. Somewhat temperamental wifi

So having updated my Qualcomm drivers to fix my non existent chance of connecting to my WiFi I am not that impressed with the fix, out of 50 attempts of connecting to it only three were successful, and only one resulted with (slow) access to the internet.
    What is interesting is that it will instantaneously connect to BT WiFi with Fon (an open network in most places in the UK). Any ideas on how to make it practical to connect to it?

:)

Samuel josephs, May 31, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 31, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    The P35 Chipset Club

double post (sorry) but another good way is to sort it by FSB, so that people can look to the top of the list to see the best OC'er in each category.

possibly sort it out by core type as well?

Kentsfield (B-3 stepping)
    Kentsfield (g0 stepping)
    Conroe
    Conroe 1333 FSB (e6x50 line)
    Allendale (2M 800FSB)

its an idea, but the list is somewhat short at the moment so it may be pointless til it gets bigger.

Mussels, May 31, 2019
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Somewhat temperamental wifi

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Somewhat temperamental wifi

1. Somewhat temperamental wifi - Similar Threads - Somewhat temperamental wifi

2. Somewhat Weird Fonts on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Somewhat Weird Fonts on Windows 10?: Hello, so I have some weird fonts in Windows 10. It's not like weird letters but some of the windows and symbols are incorrectly sized. For example https://imgur.com/a/1o0BHFo and https://imgur.com/a/tVCNk3A. The red outline is what it's supposed to be like. This usually...
  3. Temperamental Windows firewall...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temperamental Windows firewall...: I have a local network and all Windows 10 devices, that connect via the Ethernet, have their Ethernet interfaces configured as "Private network" (active). One of the PCs (file server) hosts files and configured to share these files over the private network. This works most of...
  4. New somewhat odd USB hub notifications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New somewhat odd USB hub notifications: Recently I have been getting this odd USB notification. I say 'odd' because I have never had as many as 5 hubs. It has just appeared again now, when I only have one connected and I rarely have more than two. 177727
  5. Windows "freezing" after somewhat idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows "freezing" after somewhat idle: [ATTACH] Hi there and welcome to my first reddit post, For the past few months my gaming rig has been having having problems. After either idling for a while, or doing light work or watching videos (don't think it ever happened while gaming), my Windows 10 finds itself in...
  6. Somewhat constant BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Somewhat constant BSOD: Hello, I've been having BSODs about daily since a couple of weeks ago. They appear mostly while gaming, however it happened once while listening to spotify and browsing the web. The string that appears the most is: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Though, I encountered one with...
  7. Just a somewhat simple question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just a somewhat simple question: Does Windows 10 support Technicolor for movies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-somewhat-simple-question/1d0fdc90-7d9d-4b03-9836-a5df5678118c
  8. TaskManager starts at a somewhat high percent

TaskManager starts at a somewhat high percent: Recently i have restored my pc to factory settings while i was checking if everything when right i noticed at that opening the task manager took alot of cpu. After it open it when back to 25 percent cpu , is that normal ?[IMG]...
  9. Somewhat uncommon BSOD

Somewhat uncommon BSOD: Hi, I've had these BSODs since my updated build a while back and could never figure out the cause so I'll give this site a shot. The BSODs have tended to be about once or twice a month, though when I was testing set sticks, it's could be a little longer. Recently it's...
  10. Somewhat recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Somewhat recent windows 10 update: So recently my computer went through an update which removed a few of the features that i enjoyed. I can no longer move a window how i want or resize it how i want, my only options are to make it full screen, put it on the left, or put it on the right. This is very annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temperamental wifi