Windows 10: Son bought wrong form of Windows 10

Discus and support Son bought wrong form of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my 11 year old son saved all his money to buy all the parts to build a gaming computer. He inadvertently purchased Windows 10 in CD form without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ssuiegliman, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Son bought wrong form of Windows 10

Hi,

my 11 year old son saved all his money to buy all the parts to build a gaming computer. He inadvertently purchased Windows 10 in CD form without realizing that his new computer once built woild not have compatibility for such. I called NewEgg and asked if we could return it for the digital download and she said no. Does anyone know if by purchasing what we have, we have access to a digital download by using any of these numbers on the packaging? This isnt my specialty, im trying to help my son, so i appreciate any help from you experts.

:)

ssuiegliman, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Son bought wrong form of Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Son bought wrong form of Windows 10

1. Son bought wrong form of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Son bought wrong

2. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe: My son is in a wrong Family Groupe. We don´t know the Family Administrator of this wrong Groupe and he does not answer an my request do "release" my son out of his family.How can I get him out of this family groupe? I have read all faqs an chatted already with the 365 Office...
  3. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe: My son is in a wrong Family Groupe. We don´t know the Family Administrator of this wrong Groupe and he does not answer an my request do "release" my son out of his family.How can I get him out of this family groupe? I have read all faqs an chatted already with the 365 Office...
  4. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Bought wrong minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought wrong minecraft: Hello, Yesterday night I bought the windows 10 version, but I needed the java version. I looked up the Q&A for Mojang and they then told me to contact the appropriate support team for my console, which is microsoft. How can I go about changing versions without paying for...
  6. Bought wrong minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought wrong minecraft: Hello, Yesterday night I bought the windows 10 version, but I needed the java version. I looked up the Q&A for Mojang and they then told me to contact the appropriate support team for my console, which is microsoft. How can I go about changing versions without paying for...
  7. Bought wrong Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought wrong Minecraft: Help! I bought Minecraft windows 10 instead of Java for my PC. How can I get a refund and get the correct version? I have gone to the returns section and it is not offered for my purchase....
  8. Wrong version of minecraft bought

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong version of minecraft bought: Hi I recently bought Minecraft on the Microsoft Store, but I ended up the wrong version actually and now I need a refund so I can download the correct versionaka Java. I tried finding the refund button as instructed but it is not there. Can someone please help me I do not...
  9. Bought the Wrong Minecraft as a Gift

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought the Wrong Minecraft as a Gift: I purchased Minecraft for a friend but we both only realized that I bought the wrong version AFTER he redeemed it. Both he and I are unable to do any sort of return from either account. Very upset I just wasted 40 dollars....
  10. by son bought many items by mistake

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    by son bought many items by mistake: Dear All please support me as my son he bought 4 items by mistake and i dont know , i just got 4 message please i want refund it please asap its huge money for me and he is still 4 years old , he dont know any thing...