Windows 10: Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer...

Discus and support Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; He'd like to use the same license he bought for his original PC 2 years ago, he has the product key. Can he simply unregister W10 from his old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottCharlton1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer...

He'd like to use the same license he bought for his original PC 2 years ago, he has the product key. Can he simply unregister W10 from his old comptuer and then reuse that same product key? If it doesn't work, can I re-register his old one?

:)

ScottCharlton1, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Audio not working on a freshly built W10 PC?

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested below.

Fix sound problems

Also install all pending Windows updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you better. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 18, 2019
  3. lx07 Win User
    Clean w10 installation using win7 key? (new built pc)

Sorry mate - that option (Pro or Home) doesn't exist any more - I'm living in the past - both are included in the one ISO now... Just pick Windows 10 unless you have a Single language, Korean or European edition...

Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC.  Can he transfer... [​IMG]

Alternatively you can get the ISO direct from TechBench but the choices are the same..

Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC.  Can he transfer... [​IMG]

4. Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer...

W7 To W10 transfering data and files from old PC to New PC

I have an old PC running W7 and want to transfer files and data, music to a new PC running W10. Easy transfer cable is not so easy with W10. Is there a program or something to accomplish this task? THX

BobTechNot, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer...

1. Son built his PC with W10, he wants to replace it with new home built PC. Can he transfer... - Similar Threads - Son built W10

2. My son built a new computer he just assembled. He put the Windows 11 on a thumbdrive to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son built a new computer he just assembled. He put the Windows 11 on a thumbdrive to...: Its an AMD Ryzen 5 processer 32bit. So then we downloaded Windows 10 32bit onto the thumbdrive and tried rebooting. Now I only get a message that says a windows operating system was not found and to reboot. I was hoping it would just reload windows 10, but without an...
  3. My son built a new computer he just assembled. He put the Windows 11 on a thumbdrive to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son built a new computer he just assembled. He put the Windows 11 on a thumbdrive to...: Its an AMD Ryzen 5 processer 32bit. So then we downloaded Windows 10 32bit onto the thumbdrive and tried rebooting. Now I only get a message that says a windows operating system was not found and to reboot. I was hoping it would just reload windows 10, but without an...
  4. Windows 11 Home OEM transfer allowed to new custom-built PC

Windows 11 Home OEM transfer allowed to new custom-built PC: I have a computer running Windows 11 Home OEM and want to move the license to a custom-build PC. Is that possible, or is OEM locked to the original PC? I will be using the same Microsoft account. Thanks...
  5. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  6. Built a new pc...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Built a new pc...: I built a new pc my last one had windows 10 but idk if I can transfer it or activate it thats my first question ... I heard students can get it free, as I'm currently technically in school to get my diploma/GED. Does that count? Second question. Finally, I've also browsed the...
  7. Built a new pc...

8. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC: My son built a new PC and logged in earlier today but was later given a red screen saying screen time was preventing him from logging in until 7am. So he sent a request to my email asking for permission to extend his time and when I tried to log into my account I am taken to...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license from my home-built PC to a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license from my home-built PC to a new PC: I'm trying to get a straight answer on transferring Windows that will hopefully also help a lot of people that build their own PCs. I'll try to be as detailed so that others can have an idea of common problems they will likely encounter. I built my first PC in 2011 using a...
  10. Can he get his money back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can he get his money back?: Hello, my son bought a game on Microsoft Store but he didn't liked it. He spend all his spare money on it and my question is if he can get his money back?...