Windows 10: Song length editing on Windows media player

Discus and support Song length editing on Windows media player in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to edit the length of a song by 43 seconds.... can take from the beginning and the end. Not sure how to do it.... anybody know how?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Becky L, May 14, 2019.

1. Becky L Win User

Song length editing on Windows media player

I'm trying to edit the length of a song by 43 seconds.... can take from the beginning and the end. Not sure how to do it.... anybody know how?

:)

Becky L, May 14, 2019

2. Windowa media player.

Hello Stephen,

Let me inform you that most CD's already have metadata about the song and artists but if it doesn't then we can edit the song information manually.

Follow the steps below:

• Double-click a song you would like to edit. Windows Media Player displays a table containing columns such as Length, Contributing Artist, Genre and Release Year.

• Right-click a value in a column you'd like to edit and click "Edit." For example, if you want to change the name of the album that contains the song, right-click the existing name in the Album column and click "Edit” to view a text box.
    • Type a new value in the text box that appears after clicking a column’s value. Repeat this process for all columns you wish to update.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 14, 2019
  3. THRiLL KiLL, May 14, 2019
  4. Foxes7890 Win User

Old Media Player problem on Windows 10 64-bit home edition

I was able to do it this way.
    Note: This will only work if after you rip 3rd CD of a set the songs are correct when played, but all the information is not correct.

(1) Put the CD into the computer and let Media Player rip it. Play the CD through Media Player to make sure that the songs are the ones that are actually on the CD. Not the ones that are listed.

(2) Go to the actual file – not the library – the file path is (C:/Users/your user file (mine is Di)/Music. In that file will be all you all your music listed by album. In each album file will be the song list. Check to see if the album you just ripped is there. It will be listed under to wrong name and the songs in that file will be also wrong. Make sure that they are listed as “Media Player Audio file (.wma) and that it opens with Windows Media Player. If not change it to.

(3) Go to Media Player again and check that album to edit it. What comes up is a spot that you can edit everything. I changed the name slightly (mine from the “Very Best Songs” to “Best Songs”). There is also a spot where you can check if this album is part of a disk set. The one I wanted to change is disk #3, so I changed the number to 3.

(4) From there you have to correct each song name / artist / and any other info you want to be listed. Once I had everything listed how I wanted to be, I put that album information onto a flash drive. Better that having to everything again.

(5) Now I let Media Player again rip the first CD so that the album info was correct in my music file. I again saved the 1st album onto my flash drive.

(6) Now listed my music file was album #1 with all the correct songs / info listed. Album #3 was also listed with the new name and the corrected songs / info. Album #2 was also listed with the correct songs / info. MAKE SURE OF THIS. Save album #2 to your flash drive.

(7) Now check Media Player and all 3 albums will be listed, with the correct songs / info. A plus is that the album picture will be there and it will be marked as Disk 3.

(8) Now you can play disk #3 and it will PLAY. Plus you will backup copies of all 3 disks on a flash Drive.

I hope that this works for you. It did for me. Good Luck.

Foxes7890, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Song length editing on Windows media player - Similar Threads - Song length editing

2. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?: I added songs from my music folder onto the New Media Player. It worked and I even made playlists. After I was done listening to it I shut it down and left. The next day I open Media Player and everything is gone. There’s nothing in the Music library, my playlists are wiped....
  3. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?: I added songs from my music folder onto the New Media Player. It worked and I even made playlists. After I was done listening to it I shut it down and left. The next day I open Media Player and everything is gone. There’s nothing in the Music library, my playlists are wiped....
  4. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Media Player Playlist Total Length

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player Playlist Total Length: Legacy Windows Media Player showed total time length of a playlist. Is there a way to see this in Media Player Version 11.2211.36.0 on Windows 11. I need the playlist to be a certain length. Thanks....
  6. Media Player Playlist Total Length

Media Player Playlist Total Length: Legacy Windows Media Player showed total time length of a playlist. Is there a way to see this in Media Player Version 11.2211.36.0 on Windows 11. I need the playlist to be a certain length. Thanks....
  7. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  8. Media player won't play songs

Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  9. How to import songs to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to import songs to Windows Media Player: How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-songs-to-windows-media-player/19c0e946-e595-4679-9069-df6e4eacc73a"
  10. Windows Media Player will not burn song titles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player will not burn song titles: Something happened along the way - I'm using Windows 10 with all the latest updates etc. When I burn an audio CD using the MP3 files I've ripped to the default Windows Media Player Library I get a good CD (it plays) but the song titles are missing - all that is on the CD is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hot to edit the length of a track on windows media player

2. Windows Media Player reports song length as 0:00

3. how to extend the song length on windows media player

4. change length of a song on windows media player,
  5. edit length video windows media player,
  6. KB4497936