Windows 10: Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

Discus and support Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larryinmissouri, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display song names, artist, etc. on the player screen. Can someone please outline a step by step procedure for either beginning with an existing playlist, or creating one, then continuing through all of the steps necessary to produce a playable Cd with track and artist info displayed.

Win version 10 (10240)

:)

larryinmissouri, Dec 20, 2020

2. Is it possible to sort by "song artist" instead of "Album Artist" in the Music + Videos hub?

I eventually worked out that the "artist" tab (music + videos hub then music) uses the "Album Artist" from a song's metadata, and that artists which are not album artists but are song artists are not listed there. This is frustrating when an artist's songs
    are only present in a multiartist album (e.g. compilations) as it means that the songs are only accesible via the album or "various artists" then "[album name]". Curiously, if there are songs which have the artists listed as the album artist, then songs which
    have that artist as their song artist but not album artist will appear under "[Artist Name]" the "Songs".

I'm not sure how much sense that made, so let me give some examples. I have the Brit Awards 2011 album. By default, all the songs on it have "Various Artist" (sic) as their "Album Artist" and the actual artists name as their "Song Artist", e.g. Robyn's song
    Dancing On My Own has "Various Artist" as album artist and "Robyn" as song artist. However, under the artist list on WP7 (and in the sort by artists thing on zune player, but that's not quite so annoying) Robyn is not listed, even though if I click on her
    name when the song is playing it takes me to a "Robyn" page.

On the same album (Brit Awards 2011) there is a song by "Xx", called "Islands". Because I have other songs by Xx with "Xx" as their "Album Artist", "Xx" appears under the "Artists" menu, and when I click on them and swipe left all the songs, including "Islands"
    are listed there.

This creates some frustrating and counter-intuitive situations, and I can't find any ways to customize it. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried changing the album artist to be the same as the song artist, but that makes the album appear many, many times in the
    Album view.

pointsofdata, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Adding songs to playlist

On 12/18/13, Xbox released the
    Xbox Music app
    , which lets Xbox Music Pass subscribers stream millions of songs and download favorites for offline listening. The app can also manage and play songs from your personal music library.

Other highlights:

• Create and manage playlists that automatically sync across PC, tablet, Xbox, and the web
    • See artist details with pictures, bios, album lists, and related artists
    • Explore top songs, featured artists, and recommended albums to easily discover new music
    • Use the radio feature to instantly creates playlists based on your favorite artists
    More app release details and be viewed at
    Xbox on Windows Phone 8.1 release details

Please use the
    Xbox Music suggestion box
    to vote on or suggest what new features and changes you would like to see.

Enjoying the music,

Greg

Greg [MSFT], Dec 20, 2020
  4. garym123 Win User

Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

how do i create, edit and delete songs from a playlist

Create a playlist on your phone, doesn't matter if it is a single song or a whole album. Start an album or song playing, below the album art tap the song name. On the next screen tap the save icon on bottom and give your playlist a name. Stop the player.

Connect the phone via USB to the PC to manage the playlist.

With windows explorer go to the music folder on your SD card, open the music, playlist folder. On the playlist file you just created, right click and select properties, select the references tab. This will open the reference tab window.

This is the playlist. You can now, add to the playlist from songs on your phone using drag and drop into the references tab window.

From the resources tab window you can also delete songs from the playlist and set the play order by selecting a song and using the arrows or delete button.

The artist name tag has to be the same for all songs in an album for them all to be together in the album list. When the tag info has two artists, feat another artist, ect, this makes that song different and will not be listed with the album. Windows Media
    Player works the same way. How the albums and songs are listed on the phone depends on the mp3 tags. Album names have to match and artist names have to match.

The song is still there on your phone, just not with the others.

I do not use Xbox music. In music+videos settings I turn off 'connect with Xbox music' and 'Xbox music cloud collection'. Connect with Xbox music may fix some of the tagging problems. I don't know. My music was already tagged like I want it so I turn it
    off.

garym123, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

1. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist - Similar Threads - Song Titles Artist

2. Music player plays another song but the title, the image, and the artist name of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music player plays another song but the title, the image, and the artist name of the...: I got this problem a long ago, I got this weird player bug many times when trying to keep listening to music, It keeps coming back! It plays on all music players incl. YouTube, but the problem is that the music player plays another song but the title, the image, and the...
  3. Music player plays another song but the title, the image, and the artist name of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music player plays another song but the title, the image, and the artist name of the...: I got this problem a long ago, I got this weird player bug many times when trying to keep listening to music, It keeps coming back! It plays on all music players incl. YouTube, but the problem is that the music player plays another song but the title, the image, and the...
  4. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  5. How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)?: I have a lot of mp3 files that I burned onto CD years ago (approx. 2003) and the title and artist name does not show in all my music player programs. Specifically, Windows Media Player and my father's car radio. And for context, all the information does display for "regular"...
  6. Windows Media Player will not burn song titles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player will not burn song titles: Something happened along the way - I'm using Windows 10 with all the latest updates etc. When I burn an audio CD using the MP3 files I've ripped to the default Windows Media Player Library I get a good CD (it plays) but the song titles are missing - all that is on the CD is...
  7. Groove music song/album titles cut short

Groove music song/album titles cut short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  8. Groove music song/album titles cit short

Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  9. Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...

Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...: I have a bunch of mix albums, in which I have songs from different artists. In WMP, if I wanted to listen to a single artist from that album, I'd just go to the Artists view and pick the artists, then get all their songs. In Groove however, these aslbums just appear as...
  10. no song titles on burned cd

in Windows 10 Support
    no song titles on burned cd: win 10 when i use win media play can not burn cd and get song titles, only track numbers 76387