Windows 10: Songs wont play

Discus and support Songs wont play in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tons of music on my Surface pro. It will play some songs, others it wont. Yet when I load them on my Android phone using samsung player, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJJohnson1022, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Songs wont play

I have tons of music on my Surface pro. It will play some songs, others it wont. Yet when I load them on my Android phone using samsung player, they play fine.

:)

CJJohnson1022, Jun 5, 2019
  2. ingekkk Win User

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

I was listening to some songs, 1400 to be precise.
    From a external hd, not sure if the external hd has some virus or not, but the thing is, all of a sudden, groove music wasnt playing any of the songs in the external drive.
    When i tried to play songs from my local part c: , it plays some songs, but some others just doesnt play.
    Groove music opens, but doesnt run the music on it.

I restaured my library to default, same to internet explorer, cleaned all caches and temps, etc..

So, any help?

New pc btw.

ingekkk, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Abrauli Win User
    Can't play songs from Groove Music Pass, error 0x80070002

Hello, I need some help with Groove. Suddenly it stopped working and wont play any song that comes with the Groove Pass. When I try to play a song it loads for a moment and then a message error appears that says: “Can't Play The item is missing or we can't get to it. 0x80070002”.

It only happens with music included in the Groove Pass, no matter if the song has downloaded in my PC or playing via streaming, it gives me the same error. Songs from Onedrive or local files work fine.
    I have tried to repair this issue using methods like:

• Uninstalling the app with Cccleaner, Powershell script and manually (getting ownership of WindowsApps folder and deleting all Zune Music folders).
    • Re-registering the app with PowerShell
    • Deleting files in Temp Folder.
    • Using Windows Update and Windows Apps troubleshooter (this was the worst one, it broke other apps)

I added an account without a Groove Pass and it can play all the previews fine. I think that the problem is
    not the music files but the “thing” that checks if my subscription is valid, it probably became damaged.

Abrauli, Jun 5, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Songs wont play

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Hi, perhaps you could upload one song it doesn't play.

1. Which file types does it play- which doesn't it play?

2. Is there a difference in tags? Do some have them others not?

3. Do you have a song it does play, and one it doesn't, in the same folder?

4. Can you play the songs Groove doesn't play using another player- Windows media player- VLC player .....?

sorry, on what?

dalchina, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Songs wont play

1. Songs wont play - Similar Threads - Songs wont play

2. DOES THIS PLAY YOUR SONGS/MUSIC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOES THIS PLAY YOUR SONGS/MUSIC?: WONDERING IS THIS THE PROGRAM WHERE YOU PLAY YOUR MUSIC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-play-your-songsmusic/b77766cc-f3fa-4c07-8ba4-dfa13de859dd
  3. DOES THIS PLAY YOUR SONGS/MUSIC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOES THIS PLAY YOUR SONGS/MUSIC?: WONDERING IS THIS THE PROGRAM WHERE YOU PLAY YOUR MUSIC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-play-your-songsmusic/b77766cc-f3fa-4c07-8ba4-dfa13de859dd
  4. Media Player wont show songs banner

Media Player wont show songs banner: HiNon of my music's icons appear in Media PlayerI tried using Windows old media player & some more apps and it was ok on them.https://i.postimg.cc/W4yymvtp/Screen-Shot.png...
  5. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  6. Media player won't play songs

Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  7. Song plays after windows boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Song plays after windows boot: For the last week when my Computer has finished booting, a song plays. Always the same one which is located in a Dropbox Folder, and not a song I have ever listened to on my computer, only used for a video edit. Under the Task manager there is no media player active. A...
  8. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  9. certain songs won't play

certain songs won't play: how do I play songs not supported by media player because the codec or formatting is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-songs-wont-play/46e740f9-7175-4b2e-9c2e-a5e7a1571850
  10. Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont): I was listening to some songs, 1400 to be precise. From a external hd, not sure if the external hd has some virus or not, but the thing is, all of a sudden, groove music wasnt playing any of the songs in the external drive. When i tried to play songs from my local part c: ,...