Windows 10: Sonic for Headphones reverts constantly on track-change?

Discus and support Sonic for Headphones reverts constantly on track-change? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I accidentally stumbled upon this feature (right clicking on the sound button has always come with tunnel vision to me, apparently) and it's pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xhosant, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Sonic for Headphones reverts constantly on track-change?

So I accidentally stumbled upon this feature (right clicking on the sound button has always come with tunnel vision to me, apparently) and it's pretty good. Haven't tested it on games yet or compared it with alternatives, but idly listening to a youtube playlist with it on beats the same without it.

Herein lies the problem. Say I start a video with it off. Clicking it on give a second-or-so delay before the upgraded playback. The checkmark moves from 'off' to 'windows sonic for headphones' and all that. So far so good.

But then the next track hits, and it sounds flat. I check the setting and, as expected, the checkmark is on 'sonic'. However, clicking on 'sonic' again results in the same delay, and improves the sound - clearly, the transition between 'off' and 'sonic'.

So I can only surmise that every new track defaults to 'off' unless explicitly told to play along? What's with that, and how can I fix it?

submitted by /u/Xhosant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xhosant, Jan 18, 2020

2. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables windows sonic.

Hi Dorklingshot,

I would like to know what device you were trying to work with Windows Sonic. If you're trying to set up Windows Sonic for Headphones, then follow these steps:

1. Connect your headphones to your computer.
    2. Once done, right-click on the Speaker icon on the system tray, and select
      Spatial sound. If you have a drop-down option, then select
      Windows Sonic for Headphones
      . If you don't, then proceed with the next step.
    3. On the Speaker Properties window, click the Spatial sound.
    4. Under Spatial sound format, click the drop-down arrow, and select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    5. Tick the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Byu2 Win User
    dolby atmos for headphones vs windows sonic

Thanks for your reply. as the pay of $15 is to windows store not publisher. The source you provided is programming parameters still not explain in detail difference windows sonic and dolby atom for headphone.

The dolby atom for earphone states it can turn any set of earphone into dolby atom experience, that means it convert existing audio source into dolby atom channels then output to earphones?

also, I searched all over the web cannot find any information from Microsoft about windows sonic and dolby atom for earphone.

4. Sonic for Headphones reverts constantly on track-change?

Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

Hi,

The headphones issue that you encountered after installing the audio program can be related to a possible licensing issue. The software that you're using offers an in-app purchase and it's best to contact the developer for further support. On the other hand,
    we suggest that you use Windows Sonic as an alternative for the audio output by following the steps below:

• Right click on the speaker icon located on the notification area.
    • Select Spatial sound.
    • Under the Spatial sound tab, select Windows Sonic for Headphones
      from the drop-down list.
    • Click OK.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Sonic for Headphones reverts constantly on track-change?

1. Sonic for Headphones reverts constantly on track-change? - Similar Threads - Sonic Headphones reverts

2. Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available: I am configuring some audio settings for my laptop and noticed there was an option for spatial sound, however this option in the device properties says "Not available on this device". I know Windows Sonic is for headphones but my laptop doesn't seem to recognise headphones...
  3. Can't change musical quality and have Windows Sonic for Headphones on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change musical quality and have Windows Sonic for Headphones on?: Whenever I choose one, it turns the other off, help, like I can't turn up the khz without it turning Windows Sonic for Headphones off submitted by /u/YeetzaYeetza [link] [comments]...
  4. How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?

How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?: Now, if I don't want spacial audio, that's easy. The issue is that I DO want spacial audio. I just want to be able to use DTS and NOT Windows Sonic. For some stupid reason though Windows randomly chooses to override my selection, and set it to Windows Sonic. Which I don't...
  5. Win10 Sonic for Headphones keeps changing my DTX Headphones X Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Sonic for Headphones keeps changing my DTX Headphones X Settings: Someone at Microsoft ... seriously, you're a POS... Every. Damn. Time. I. Launch. A. Game... EVERY f'ing time I load a game Windows changes my DTS Headphones X to Sonic for Headphones. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW CAN YOU REMOVE THIS HORRIBLE POS APP FROM WINDOWS ?...
  6. Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones

Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones: Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones, even tho i never turned on windows sonic for headphones it keeps overriding settings from dolby atmos to windows sonic everywhere i look there no solution at all im ready to bash my skull against wall...
  7. Windows Sonic for Headphones help

Windows Sonic for Headphones help: [ATTACH] I need to tick a box on the configuration page of my speakers but it doesn't show. In particular, I need to enable a box that says "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" but it there isn't. here is the screenshot. Now there my interface is in Italian but you can...
  8. Tracking changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tracking changes: What is the trick to turning on Track Changes in Word in Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tracking-changes/6767ac22-2f9a-41ad-9a22-3b807d4467e9
  9. Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;

Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;: Wanted to share how my issue resolved after doing Marc Cai Microsoft Support Agent's adviced on how to enable back the Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out Issue. Been struggling with this issue. And at last! It's been resolved. It works for me.. I hope this will help.....
  10. Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809

Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809: Hi all, does anyone know if the implementation was changed/upgraded in the latest 1809 build? My reason for asking is that I've been using it with my Kingston Hyper-X headphones, and I find the positional audio great in games. The game I use it most in is War Thunder where it...