Windows 10: Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working

Discus and support Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it because of my computer specs? Because i tried every solution possible and i cant seem to click itit is grey out and when i go to properties and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WeiJie52, Jan 2, 2020.

1. WeiJie52 Win User

Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working

Is it because of my computer specs? Because i tried every solution possible and i cant seem to click itit is grey out and when i go to properties and try to select it from a dropdown list, it auto reverts back to “off” the moment i click it

:)

WeiJie52, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Byu2 Win User

windows spartial sound only for headphone?

Hello:

Here I have few more questions.

In the first paragraph from
    here
    . The actual output format is selected by the user, and can be abstracted from Windows Sonic implementations; audio will be presented to existing speakers, headphones, and home theater receivers without needing any code or content changes. so spartial
    sound can apply to speaker or not?

There are lots comments from numerous online forum argue windows spartial sound support and output only 2 channels, even 'virtual 7.1 surround' is enabled. is that true?

Does spartial sound override windows default format? When I plug regular on PC front panel, supported by realtek, windows audio will show a separate item for 2nd output aside from speakers, when spartial sound enabled windows default formats would gray.

if spartial sound is only apply to headphones. How does it distinguish from other audio devices or speakers? I use a soundbar with Bluetooth. windows audio identify it as a heaphone.

Byu2, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Byu2 Win User

Hi.

Here I provide further details of my question.

Spartial sound is available to all audio devices detected by windows, but whenever click spartial sound to enable dolby atmos for headphone or windows sonic for headphone, default format always point to '2 channels 16bit 48000HZ'.

Here is for regular stereo earphone.

Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working 2bd9009e-e0e1-44fc-a8de-744bd7df246a.jpg

I am using a soundbar connected to optical toslink.

Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working d58b3078-17e1-4f15-9456-fe77345e977e.jpg

When I connect soundbar to Bluetooth, windows identify it as a heaphone. windows default it point to 2 channel but grayed out.

Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working 1995603b-c71d-4ea6-ade9-47744aa319d2.jpg

So does spartial sound apply to existing speakers, in this case the sounbard on optical connection? is spartial sound is 2 channels or only output 2 channels?

Byu2, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Byu2 Win User

I poste on MSDN developer forum. They are mainly for developers discuss their own app development.

To continue here, the "existing speakers" seems to regard to the built-in speakers on your PC and not external speakers, is point to audio devices listed in windows audio, most common used realtek and sound blaster, right?

For the channels, developers were able to patch realtek driver to enable DTS or dobly digital addition to windows default formats, when enable spartial sound, default format automatically set to 2 channels. That is why many users argue spartial sound only
    support 2 channels.

Byu2, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working - Similar Threads - Sonic Headphones Spartial

2. Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available: I am configuring some audio settings for my laptop and noticed there was an option for spatial sound, however this option in the device properties says "Not available on this device". I know Windows Sonic is for headphones but my laptop doesn't seem to recognise headphones...
  3. Sound Issue - Can't disable Windows Sonic for Headphones

Sound Issue - Can't disable Windows Sonic for Headphones: I'm a serious gamer, and use a Schiit Jotunheim headphone amp for audio - it has a Realtek chipset inside, connected via USB to my PC. My issues is that my virtual surround is stuck on Windows Sonic - I can't even disable this terrible codec! If I go to change the sound codec...
  4. How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?

How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?: Now, if I don't want spacial audio, that's easy. The issue is that I DO want spacial audio. I just want to be able to use DTS and NOT Windows Sonic. For some stupid reason though Windows randomly chooses to override my selection, and set it to Windows Sonic. Which I don't...
  5. Skullcandy spatial sound not showing window sonic for headphones

Skullcandy spatial sound not showing window sonic for headphones: I am trying to find ways of being able to access my window sonic for headphones, but that it won't show up and I don't know how to be able to download it or to be able to contact the manufacturer because of how it doesn't show where to ask for help. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones: Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones, even tho i never turned on windows sonic for headphones it keeps overriding settings from dolby atmos to windows sonic everywhere i look there no solution at all im ready to bash my skull against wall...
  7. Windows Sonic for Headphones help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Sonic for Headphones help: [ATTACH] I need to tick a box on the configuration page of my speakers but it doesn't show. In particular, I need to enable a box that says "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" but it there isn't. here is the screenshot. Now there my interface is in Italian but you can...
  8. Sonic Spatial Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sonic Spatial Sound: I recently got a new pair of headphones that are supposed to have 7.1 surround sound but it doesn't seem to work on my computer, I tried messing with the settings to get the sound I want from my headphones until I came across the SSS Sonic Spatial Sound but it doesn't seem to...
  9. Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;

Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;: Wanted to share how my issue resolved after doing Marc Cai Microsoft Support Agent's adviced on how to enable back the Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out Issue. Been struggling with this issue. And at last! It's been resolved. It works for me.. I hope this will help.....
  10. Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809

Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809: Hi all, does anyone know if the implementation was changed/upgraded in the latest 1809 build? My reason for asking is that I've been using it with my Kingston Hyper-X headphones, and I find the positional audio great in games. The game I use it most in is War Thunder where it...