Windows 10: Sonos Controller and Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Sonos Controller and Windows 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently our Sonos Controller on the pc (running Windows 10 Pro) stopped working. I tried removing and reinstalling. Now it won't load. Get the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MJC154, Dec 7, 2019.

1. MJC154 Win User

Sonos Controller and Windows 10 Pro

Recently our Sonos Controller on the pc (running Windows 10 Pro) stopped working. I tried removing and reinstalling. Now it won't load. Get the following.

"Sonos Desktop Controller has stopped working...Hang on while Windows reports the problem to Microsoft..." and then ""Sonos Desktop Controller has stopped working...A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. This just "churns" and doesn't provide a solution.

Here's one thing in the Event Viewer.

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error
    Date: 12/7/2019 11:48:55 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: *******Family
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Sonos.exe, version: 6.0.0.34230, time stamp: 0x453d4bd8
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.476, time stamp: 0x540698cd
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x001135d2
    Faulting process id: 0x3e1c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ad2695811219
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonos\Sonos.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 34cbfb18-1a6f-4a04-9950-270adedb43da
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-12-07T17:48:55.967385600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>7547</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ColuccyFamily</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Sonos.exe</Data>
    <Data>6.0.0.34230</Data>
    <Data>453d4bd8</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.476</Data>
    <Data>540698cd</Data>
    <Data>e0434352</Data>
    <Data>001135d2</Data>
    <Data>3e1c</Data>
    <Data>01d5ad2695811219</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonos\Sonos.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>34cbfb18-1a6f-4a04-9950-270adedb43da</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

From similar questions, I tried the Dism tips and sfc/scannow and chkdsk.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:)

MJC154, Dec 7, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Firewalls and access to Sonos

Hi Barbara

Set the connection to Private network:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu

Go to Network and Internet

On the left, select the appropriate connection - WiFI or Wired

Select the name of your network on the right side

Click the switch for “Find devices and content” to turn it on and make this connection “Private”.

Close the Settings App

Allow Sonos through the firewall:

Open Control Panel - Windows Firewall

On the left, click 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall

Click 'Change Settings'

Make sure that the Sonos Controller is listed and allowed for “Private” networks.

If you do not see Sonos listed, click 'Allow another app' and browse to the Sonos application.

Click “Add” and “OK” to save your changes

Close Control Panel

DaveM121, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Sonos Releases the SONOS PLAY:1 Wireless Speaker

Sonos, the leading manufacturer of wireless HiFi, today introduced the SONOS PLAY:1, a compact and powerful wireless speaker that transforms music listening at home. PLAY:1 streams all your favorite music to any room in the home, in high fidelity sound. Available today in the US from select partners and on Sonos.com, PLAY:1 retails for $199. And, for a limited time this holiday season, purchases come with a free BRIDGE valued at $49.

"Sonos was created upon the belief you should never have to choose between quality sound and an easy way to access all your music at home," said John MacFarlane, CEO, Sonos, Inc. "The PLAY:1 makes getting started with Sonos even more accessible to music lovers than ever before."

Sonos Controller and Windows 10 Pro SONOS_PLAY_1_01_thm.jpg

A compact wireless speaker with surprisingly big sound
    PLAY:1 is a smart speaker that features hardware and software designed by Sonos to ensure the best possible performance for the size. A custom-designed mid-woofer and tweeter deliver deep, rich and surprisingly big sound. With a powerful low-end and crisp mids and highs, new smart processing technology pushes Sonos' drivers further than ever before, minimizing distortion even at full volume. Plus, PLAY:1 projects a wide field of sound, delivering a great listening experience no matter where you are sitting in the room. And since the Sonos wireless network is devoted to streaming music in HiFi sound, you'll enjoy smooth music wirelessly without dropouts anywhere in your home.

PLAY:1 is built to last with premium materials and rock-solid construction. A sealed architecture creates resistance to the most humid conditions in the home, even steam from a running shower.

Stream all your favorite music
    PLAY:1 lets you stream all the music on earth and access it all using a single, easy to use app. Play millions of songs and playlists from the most popular music services like Pandora, Spotify, Hype Machine and Rdio; listen to your personal music library, whether it's stored on your computer, in the cloud, on your smartphone or on your tablet; or tune in to more than 100,000 free Internet radio stations, podcasts, and shows from around the world.

Smaller package; same Sonos Wireless HiFi
    PLAY:1 comes with all the unique benefits that can only be found in a Sonos Wireless HiFi System including SONOS PLAY:3, SONOS PLAY:5, SONOS PLAYBAR and more:
    • Control your favorite music sources and listening experience with the free, intuitive Sonos Controller apps for iPad iPhone, Android, Mac and PC.
    • Add more PLAY:1s or combine with other Sonos wireless speakers or components around the home for the ultimate, multi-room HiFi system.
    • Pair two PLAY:1 units for amazing stereo sound, or use two PLAY:1s as rear speakers with PLAYBAR and a SONOS SUB to create 5.1 home theater sound for your TV.
    The minimalist design of PLAY:1 features a new button on top of the cabinet that allows you to play and pause your music with a single push of a button. You can also press the same button twice quickly to easily skip to the next track, a feature that has been requested frequently from the Sonos community. And because all Sonos products are designed to get better over time, customers with existing Sonos players can take advantage of the new play/pause functionality with the latest software update, available today.

For more information on SONOS PLAY:1 including where to buy, technical specifications and more, please visit sonos.com/PLAY1.

Cristian_25H, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Sonos Controller and Windows 10 Pro

Unable to add Music Library to Sonos Controller

FiskeFreeman, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Sonos Controller and Windows 10 Pro

1. Sonos Controller and Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Sonos Controller Pro

2. Broadcast via wifi to sonos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadcast via wifi to sonos: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast via WIFI to my sonos move. Airfoil for windows project stopped being supported.Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast via WIFI to a sonos move?Cheers...
  3. Broadcast to sonos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadcast to sonos: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast to my sonos move with it. airfoil for windows project stopped being supported.Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast to a sonos move?Cheers...
  4. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10: Hello. So I have recently built a new PC. Win10 64 bit AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Mother Board: Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus I have been unable to get Windows 10 to recognize my Nintendo Switch Pro controller. This controller worked and...
  5. Unable to download Sonos PC app to Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to download Sonos PC app to Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10: When I attempt to download the Sonos Windows app whether S1 or S2 to my Surface Pro 4 it keeps getting blocked by a Windows pop-up that says "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app......Change my app recommendation settings >". When I select the link...
  6. Sonos won't connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sonos won't connect: I just transitioned to a new desktop and my new system won't let my Sonos system connect to it. It worked well on the old PC, but not on the new one. Both old and new use Windows 10....
  7. Sonos + TV + Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sonos + TV + Windows 10: I have Sonos PlayBase and 2x Sonos Ones for 5.1 audio. I have HDMI connecting from the PC to TV, and Sonos connects to the TV via optical. This is an Intel NUC PC I use for HTPC. Using LibreElec and audio pass-through settings, sound works great. I was going to switch back to...
  8. Sonos Speakers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sonos Speakers: I have 2 Sonos Play1 speakers on my local network. Both are shown as available but when selected under "Cast to device" when trying to play music stored on the hard drive all I get is a "Unexpected device error" message. The speakers work fine through the Spotify app both on...
  9. Windows 10 (desktop or mobile) & Sonos app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (desktop or mobile) & Sonos app: Despite the fact that on the Sonos webpage Sonos application(s) also the application for Windows 10 desktop is mentioned, it is no longer valid. I tried to install end configure a Sonos Connect and 2 Sonos One speakers, and found out that the app doesn't work. I had to...
  10. Sonos Music library playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sonos Music library playback: When playing multiple albums by the same artist, Sonos plays them in alphabetical order. How do I retain the original order of the albums? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sonos-music-library-playback/f577839a-99e6-4343-91b8-e37f855c6a1f"