Windows 10: Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?

Discus and support Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, my son's Windows 10 laptop just stopped working all of a sudden. Now, it will boot up, though it's to a Bitlocker screen asking for a 48-character... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dabblingman, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?

Hi, my son's Windows 10 laptop just stopped working all of a sudden.

Now, it will boot up, though it's to a Bitlocker screen asking for a 48-character key.

I (and he) have no idea what this key is, nor remember installing this feature.

MS support pages are no help, including the page from his MS account.

You guys have any ideas for me? Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/Dabblingman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dabblingman, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 22, 2020
  4. stuartb04 Win User

Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?

Laptop opinions for step son?

my mother in law just bought this lappy for my step son for b,day

Currys PC World | Washing Machines, Laptops, TVs, Cameras

just wanna know what you guys think
    is it worth it

i personally think she has more money than sense..*Confused Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker? :confused:

spose its good for him
    but i wanna have a blast too..*Wink Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker? ;)

stuartb04, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?

1. Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker? - Similar Threads - Son's laptop locked

2. Locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by Bitlocker: Split from this thread. Good afternoon,I am having similar issues with Bitlocker. I have a HP Envy 360, Win 10.During the Bios Update, a window popped up and asked: Y: to update or N to keep as is. Note: Bit locker code may be required. I did not know where or how to get the...
  3. Locked Out By BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out By BitLocker: Hi everyone on here, I have a strange issue. My hard drive got blocked by BitLocker just suddenly on my other Laptop with windows 11 Home. In in order to unlock my hard disc, it requests a key which I never enabled The issue is that I've never set up or installed BitLocker....
  4. Locked Out By BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Out By BitLocker: Hi everyone on here, I have a strange issue. My hard drive got blocked by BitLocker just suddenly on my other Laptop with windows 11 Home. In in order to unlock my hard disc, it requests a key which I never enabled The issue is that I've never set up or installed BitLocker....
  5. bitlocker locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker locked out: Can not get access to her microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-out/86cd8156-50da-4228-931e-10baa32db9ae
  6. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  7. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  8. Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker: My personal laptop updated then when I proceeded to try and login, it asked for a Bitlocker key. I tried logging to my Microsoft accounts, and it is not there. I never set up Bitlocker, so I can't access the key. I have work meetings and homework due tonight on there, so I’m...
  9. Locked out by bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by bitlocker: I am locked out of windows 10 by bitlocker. It needs the 44 number key to unlock my PC. I went to my MS account and did not find it. I do not have it saved any place else that I know of. I do not have any other recovery methods. Is there some other way I can find this unlock...
  10. Bitlocker lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker lock out: Would be great if someone could get back to me, as locked out for 30 days! Cheers - Bitlocker has locked my laptop after updated - I have tried to get into my microsoft account but says it will send a code to me but never does, how do I get to talk to someone at Microsoft to...