Windows 10: Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

Discus and support Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using my headphones on Low Energy BT (LE) pairing, as compared to the regular bluetooth mode. They both show up when pairing. However, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ratelimitsucksass, May 14, 2020.

1. Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

I've been using my headphones on Low Energy BT (LE) pairing, as compared to the regular bluetooth mode. They both show up when pairing.

However, after the 1909 update broke some drivers and i rolled it back to 1903, now the LE device shows up as "Unspecified" but the regular BT works. This isnt a big deal but I would ideally like to have LE since it allows me to go longer between charging, since I don't have speakers.

Any ideas? I can't find a way to specify that the LE_wh_1000xm3 device should be used as a headset. It doesn't appear under 'manage audio devices' anymore either.

submitted by /u/ratelimitsucksass
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ratelimitsucksass, May 14, 2020

2. Bug in windows bluetooth le GetGattServicesAsync method

The problem description:
    Sometimes it is not possible to get some response from the method GetGattServicesAsync with the parameter BluetoothCacheMode.Cached or BluetoothCacheMode.Uncached. Only the windows restart helps to reconnect the le device and to get the services from the le device.

We use Windows.Devices.Bluetooth.dll with .Net Framework 4.6.1 to build the class library.
    The Windows PC shall connect the Bluetooth le device.

Steps for the problem reproducing:

1. Discovery the devices with the determined service
    2. Call the method FromBluetoothAddressAsync with the Bluetooth address of LE device
    3. BluetoothLEDevice is found
    4. Pair the LE device with desktop:

5. Check the connection status. If the status connected, call the method GetGattServicesAsync(BluetoothCacheMode.Cached)
    6. Sometimes is not possible to get the response from GetGattServicesAsync. After 30 seconds we cancel the task, dispone BluetoothLEDevice, unpair and try to reconnect le device. The reconnection is failed and only the Windows restart helps to establish the connection to the le device.

PC:

• Dell Precision 5530
    • Bluetooth adapter Qualcomm QCA6174A
    • Windows 10 Enterprise (1803)
    • Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.590

LE Device:

• Bluetooth 4.2

Yury Kalinin, May 14, 2020
  3. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly.

It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree headset device". After the update they were replaced with the "WH-1000XM3 Hands-Free AG Audio" device:

Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909 17fecdda-6439-4f84-9124-e5b885932eb8?upload=true.jpg

This device acts as a headset not as a stereo-heaphone set: it only gives mono and low definition sound. So it makes my headphones completely unusable for listening to music.

What I already did:

- removing and reconnecting the device.

- looking for Sony Driver on the web: nothing is to be found.

Can anybody give advice on how to fix this problem?

Peter-Aerts, May 14, 2020
  4. Lennoxxx Win User

Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio

I bought a new pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 headphones and have been trying to connect them to my computer but the audio wont connect. I already scoured the internet for a solution and tried every solution listed in this thread

Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

Nothing has worked and I've tried every solution I can possibly find. The headphones connect to my phone and work fine there, but on my laptop (Windows 10) they will only connect voice.

Lennoxxx, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

1. Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909 - Similar Threads - Sony 1000xm3 bluetooth

2. Connect Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3: Hello I trying to connect my Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3 but the headset does not even show on the list of bluetooth devices. I get no information about the headset when I want to add the in the setting section. Headset is sending bluetooth signal....
  3. Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect

Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect: I started having this issue on my newly built PC where my Logictech MX Master 2S mouse fails to reconnect automatically after the PC restarts/wakes up from sleep. I use a generic usb bluetooth dongle and I have disabled the option of allowing the computer to turn off the...
  4. Is there any way to check if a bluetooth device is in LE mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to check if a bluetooth device is in LE mode?: Just upgraded to BT 5.1 but no way to tell. submitted by /u/SouthernSubhumans [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxei17/is_there_any_way_to_check_if_a_bluetooth_device/
  5. New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones

New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones: I've been using these headphones with the computer for years. Now, if I connect the headphones, every possible thing that could play audio freezes up. Itunes, MediaMonkey, and Windows Media Player all lock up, and even things in-browser like Youtube, Bandcamp, videos on...
  6. Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?

Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?: Just got a set of Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones, which are on the latest firmware. When I pair them to my fully patched Surfacebook 2 running Windows 10 1909, the battery level isnt shown in Windows 10 bluetooth settings. The battery level shows up just fine on my Samsung Galaxy...
  7. Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?: I've updated the firmware, removed the device and reinstalled, and even switched to a different bluetooth dongle -- no matter what I try, I can't get the microphone to work when I connect to Windows 10. It works on any other device I have - mobile, tablet, etc - but I can't...
  8. Bluetooth LE Enumerator is Missing

Bluetooth LE Enumerator is Missing: Sometimes, when i want to add my PS4 Controller to play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, the "Wireless Controller" DualShock 4 device doesn't appear despite enabling the "Pair" Function on the Controller by holding SHARE + PS, i went to check the Device Manager, and found out...
  9. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver): I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly. It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree...
  10. Logitech Bluetooth LE Mouse Stopped Working after KB4458469 update

Logitech Bluetooth LE Mouse Stopped Working after KB4458469 update: I was using the mouse (Logitech M585 BLE mode) and suddenly it stopped working, it was connected but not working! Similar thing happened to my other Bluetooth devices once in a while so I thought it will be solved by pairing again, so I removed the device and tried to pair it...