Windows 10: Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

Discus and support Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using my headphones on Low Energy BT (LE) pairing, as compared to the regular bluetooth mode. They both show up when pairing. However, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ratelimitsucksass, May 14, 2020.

1. Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

I've been using my headphones on Low Energy BT (LE) pairing, as compared to the regular bluetooth mode. They both show up when pairing.

However, after the 1909 update broke some drivers and i rolled it back to 1903, now the LE device shows up as "Unspecified" but the regular BT works. This isnt a big deal but I would ideally like to have LE since it allows me to go longer between charging, since I don't have speakers.

Any ideas? I can't find a way to specify that the LE_wh_1000xm3 device should be used as a headset. It doesn't appear under 'manage audio devices' anymore either.

submitted by /u/ratelimitsucksass
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ratelimitsucksass, May 14, 2020

2. Bug in windows bluetooth le GetGattServicesAsync method

The problem description:
    Sometimes it is not possible to get some response from the method GetGattServicesAsync with the parameter BluetoothCacheMode.Cached or BluetoothCacheMode.Uncached. Only the windows restart helps to reconnect the le device and to get the services from the le device.

We use Windows.Devices.Bluetooth.dll with .Net Framework 4.6.1 to build the class library.
    The Windows PC shall connect the Bluetooth le device.

Steps for the problem reproducing:

1. Discovery the devices with the determined service
    2. Call the method FromBluetoothAddressAsync with the Bluetooth address of LE device
    3. BluetoothLEDevice is found
    4. Pair the LE device with desktop:

5. Check the connection status. If the status connected, call the method GetGattServicesAsync(BluetoothCacheMode.Cached)
    6. Sometimes is not possible to get the response from GetGattServicesAsync. After 30 seconds we cancel the task, dispone BluetoothLEDevice, unpair and try to reconnect le device. The reconnection is failed and only the Windows restart helps to establish the connection to the le device.

PC:

• Dell Precision 5530
    • Bluetooth adapter Qualcomm QCA6174A
    • Windows 10 Enterprise (1803)
    • Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.590

LE Device:

• Bluetooth 4.2

Yury Kalinin, May 14, 2020
  3. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly.

It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree headset device". After the update they were replaced with the "WH-1000XM3 Hands-Free AG Audio" device:

Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909 17fecdda-6439-4f84-9124-e5b885932eb8?upload=true.jpg

This device acts as a headset not as a stereo-heaphone set: it only gives mono and low definition sound. So it makes my headphones completely unusable for listening to music.

What I already did:

- removing and reconnecting the device.

- looking for Sony Driver on the web: nothing is to be found.

Can anybody give advice on how to fix this problem?

Peter-Aerts, May 14, 2020
  4. Lennoxxx Win User

Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio

I bought a new pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 headphones and have been trying to connect them to my computer but the audio wont connect. I already scoured the internet for a solution and tried every solution listed in this thread

Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

Nothing has worked and I've tried every solution I can possibly find. The headphones connect to my phone and work fine there, but on my laptop (Windows 10) they will only connect voice.

Lennoxxx, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909

1. Sony 1000xm3 LE bluetooth mode wont work after 1909 - Similar Threads - Sony 1000xm3 bluetooth

2. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  3. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  4. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound: So recently i just installed and upgrade my laptop from harddisk to ssd and windows 8.1 to windows 10. Then i installed the bluetooth Qualcomm Atheros then connect my headset Sony WF 1000XM3. At first it connected fine and i can hear the sound clearly. But after some time and...
  5. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound: So recently i just installed and upgrade my laptop from harddisk to ssd and windows 8.1 to windows 10. Then i installed the bluetooth Qualcomm Atheros then connect my headset Sony WF 1000XM3. At first it connected fine and i can hear the sound clearly. But after some time and...
  6. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  8. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  9. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

10. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver): I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly. It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree...