Windows 10: Sony advise not to upgrade yet

Discus and support Sony advise not to upgrade yet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ive been meaning to post this from Sony website . [img] 16261 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tamo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. tamo Win User

Sony advise not to upgrade yet

Ive been meaning to post this from Sony website .
    Sony advise not to upgrade yet [​IMG]

:)

2. Vertical Lines on Screen and Audio and Video Dissapearing when program minimized to toolbar

sony site only decorative no updates forthcoming in fact advised me not to upgrade to win 10 yet

whats this first of all your icon appears in my laptop with upgrade and sony tell me this ****

disappointed tell me how to downgrade to windows 8.1

maybe Microsoft can come with Microsoft 9

TheotonioPereira, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Touchpad Drivers missing for Windows 10

Yes, look at the Sony Support Site which is still advising VAIO users not to upgrade to Windows 10, because it can't provide updated Windows 10 Compatible Drivers yet.

Erdeslawe, Aug 13, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Sorry.. but that is pathetic. They had lots of time to get ready and now they're testing.

Note to self.. never buy a Sony PC.. EVER.

/Rant.. *Wink
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 13, 2015
  5. tamo Win User
    I installed on 30th July on my Sony Vaio notebook . Its running well but still need a couple of drivers "other devices/unknown device " don't even know what they are but they, r not stopping me doing anything .
    Hey and I agree with you I will never buy another Sony .

6. BunnyJ New Member
    I had a similar issue with an HP desktop. It seemed that they dropped support for that model and didn't update the drivers or chip-set past Win7. As a result, I had to get a new PC to use WIn10. Not that I didn't mind but that is a poor way to treat customers.

I hope the get you new drivers soon.,

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 13, 2015
  7. tamo Win User
    Just in case you have a sony and you hadn't saw this . Of course I never used due diligence when I installed w10 .

Sony advise not to upgrade yet [​IMG]

8. tamo Win User

Can any of you seasoned users recommend a good custom laptop vendor . I used to build PCs but don't have the time now . Loved it too and miss the buzz . For the £700 I paid for the sony I could have bought a much better custom build I bet .

9. BunnyJ New Member
    Dell, HP, Samsung.. Asus.. Acer

BunnyJ, Aug 13, 2015
  10. nt62 Win User
    Surface Pro or Atom powered Surface with DOCK (keyboard / mouse - your choice / type cover / other)

11. Cliff S New Member
    ASUS is real good. My old X54C took the upgrade well and clean installs during the preview(I only needed to use a couple of drivers for Windows 8,.1 from example the keyboard).

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sony advise not to upgrade yet - Similar Threads - Sony advise upgrade

2. Not had Windows 11 upgrade yet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not had Windows 11 upgrade yet.: It's April 2023 and Windows Update still has not offered me Windows 11 yet even though my PC is ready, when can I expect it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-had-windows-11-upgrade-yet/9cf6d673-2d85-4791-8724-535f019a970b
  3. Not had Windows 11 upgrade yet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not had Windows 11 upgrade yet.: It's April 2023 and Windows Update still has not offered me Windows 11 yet even though my PC is ready, when can I expect it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-had-windows-11-upgrade-yet/9cf6d673-2d85-4791-8724-535f019a970b
  4. Yet another "Upgrade to 2004 crashes"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet another "Upgrade to 2004 crashes": Hi My computer have still not been able to upgrade to version 2004. 1 Windows Update screen tells me it is waiting for 2004 update. 2 This is my windows specification. Windows 10 Pro Swedish 1909 18363.1082 3 I have tried "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant"...
  5. technical advise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    technical advise: I cant access to my desktop files after I erroneously click the steps in the automatic updates of Windows 10 in my Lenovo laptop. .though I followed the steps how to remedy the problem, but its getting nowhere..appreciate for technical advise..thanks!...
  6. Battery Percentage Error & Advise On Upgrading To Insider Preview

Battery Percentage Error & Advise On Upgrading To Insider Preview: Hello. I would like to clarify 2 questions. Firstly, regarding my battery percentage issue. For the past few years including this year, my laptop has been running on AC power as the battery that came with this laptop no longer charges. Before the November 2019 update was...
  7. SSD to SSD upgrade advise please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD to SSD upgrade advise please: HI All, I'm hopefully receiving a new 500Gb SSD in the post today. At the moment I have a 250Gb SSD with my operating system on, and two internal 1Tb SATA backup drives. I use Acronis to image backup my system every month, rotating the location of the backup to my two...
  8. no upgrade yet

no upgrade yet: I've been an insider for many months and I still haven't received my upgrade yet. Is there a problem with the servers? Thank you. 10345
  9. Being advised not to upgrade but to fresh install ?

Being advised not to upgrade but to fresh install ?: im so confused right now! people are reporting tons of problems when upgrading to win10, and my friends to do a fresh install of it ? but i though windows 10 was a upgrade only thing ? or do they mean my current OS as of right now.. to do a clean install and then upgrade...
  10. Windows 10 and Sony VAIO computers - don't upgrade to 10 yet

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Sony VAIO computers - don't upgrade to 10 yet: Most well known PC manufacturers (like Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP & Toshiba) are starting to prepare Windows 10 compatible drivers and software after Windows 10 was officially released on July 29. But Sony has yet to make Windows 10 compatible drivers & software and suggests not to...