Windows 10: Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

Discus and support Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mystik Media, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as Sony Bravia where it shows Dispay #1. Anyway, the screen keeps flashing to black. It brings to mind a driver or refresh rate issue, but I already updated the Intel Iris video driver, and I can't seem to find any driver for the monitor. Thanks much in advance. Hope for a quick fix....

:)

Mystik Media, Nov 9, 2021
  2. 2TwOs Win User

SONY Bravia Flat Screen...

I Tried connecting my desktop using HDMI cable but it dont work. i already tried it in 4 outport of HDMI in Sony Bravia.
    So im back here,Any suggestion?? I just want to use the Sony as my only monitor using HDMI cables..

2TwOs, Nov 9, 2021
  3. MorganB2 Win User
    Resolution on a Sony Bravia TV used as a second monitor

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I bought the Sony Bravia in 2008. It is a model KDL-42V4100. Like I said before it was working as a second display monitor just fine for 6 months.

The major symptom is that the colors being displayed are reversed. White is black and vice versa. Blue is blue. Others are mixed. There is some blurriness especially with a video, which is the primary intended purpose.

I looked at what you mentioned. I replaced the Wide Angle Flexview 2880x1620 driver. This is being used by the primary laptop from what I see. This was not a problem, but I noticed that an update was available. I am using a 2880x1620 resolution, as that
    is what Windows 10 recommends.

The secondary TV monitor is using the Generic PnP Monitor driver. Windows says that it is the current driver and is working properly. There is another odd symptom. When I have the TV connected and I go to System -> Dsiplay - Advanced Feature - the box with
    the monitors shows only one monitor. When I click on the Identify button the same number shows on both the laptop monitor and the TV.

You mentioned checking the HDR settings. My display settings say that I am using SDR.

My plan of attack is as follows:

1. I have a second Sony Bravia. I will connect the laptop to that one and see if the behavior is different. That TV is a few years newer and internet capable. I need to be careful on my timing for this activity, as that is the TV the wife watched her soaps
      on. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor :)
    2. Reinstall Generic PnP Monitor driver even though it says there is nothing wrong with it.
    3. Continue to browse the net.
    4. Consider buying a new laptop. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor :(
    5. ......

MorganB2, Nov 9, 2021
  4. 2TwOs Win User

Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

SONY Bravia Flat Screen...

Hey Guys..

just need your expertise on this:

I have an Sony bravia w/ an HDMI port,My question is: can i connect my desktop to the Bravia using HDMI via my CPU Video card without a monitor direct to Bravia??

Thanks guys...

2TwOs, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

1. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor - Similar Threads - Sony Bravia UR3

2. Unable to connect to Sony Bravia from Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Sony Bravia from Win 10: Hi This questions seems to have been asked a lot. When you connect to Sony Bravia TV from Window 10, it says connected on the Bravia Side but on the Laptop side it goes into a lop and then says cannot connect. Trying to use the Wi-FI connectivity for Laptop screen mirroring....
  3. Unable to connect to Sony Bravia from Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to Sony Bravia from Win 10: Hi This questions seems to have been asked a lot. When you connect to Sony Bravia TV from Window 10, it says connected on the Bravia Side but on the Laptop side it goes into a lop and then says cannot connect. Trying to use the Wi-FI connectivity for Laptop screen mirroring....
  4. Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV: Cannot project my desktop using the “Screen mirroring” screen sharing of my SarfaceBook 3 Windows 11 with automatic updates to a Sony XR-65A80J television with version PKG6.4284.0521NAA. The TV is on the same Wi-Fi as the computer. By pressing "Microsoft" & "K" the computer...
  5. Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV

Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV: Cannot project my desktop using the “Screen mirroring” screen sharing of my SarfaceBook 3 Windows 11 with automatic updates to a Sony XR-65A80J television with version PKG6.4284.0521NAA. The TV is on the same Wi-Fi as the computer. By pressing "Microsoft" & "K" the computer...
  6. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor: I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as...
  7. Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10: My Sony Bravia was perfectly being recognized by windows 10 until I disconnected the Sony Bravia from the pcs hdmi input. Upon reconnecting the Sony into the pc all of a sudden windows 10 stopped recognizing the Sony tv. The display doesn’t show up anymore. I tried a...
  8. Sony TV Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony TV Monitor: How do you adjust screen size on the tv monitor so I can see the tool bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-tv-monitor/8de2dcd3-de0a-4431-b0ab-5a33b65c7851
  9. Windows 10 Laptop not outputting HDMI to Sony Bravia

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Laptop not outputting HDMI to Sony Bravia: This should be plug and play but Windows 10 and Microsoft can't seem to make stuff work. I made sure Windows 10 was updated and rebootted and I used Windows 10 to scan the computer to make sure it didn't have malware etc. So these hooks aren't available to hang the problem...
  10. Sony Bravia TV on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sony Bravia TV on my network: Why is there always a Sony Bravia TV on my network under displays? I don't have one. I've changed my Wi-Fi password, even stopped broadcasting ssid but it keeps popping up. I don't own a Bravia, what's going on? 64384