Windows 10: Sony DVD+R

Discus and support Sony DVD+R in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have got Windows 10 in my computer and the DVD reader CAN read and download the videos I have recorded on DVD+R support EXCEPT the Sony ones. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nunollo, Jan 17, 2022.

1. nunollo Win User

Sony DVD+R

I have got Windows 10 in my computer and the DVD reader CAN read and download the videos I have recorded on DVD+R support EXCEPT the Sony ones. Any idea of what the problem is?

:)

nunollo, Jan 17, 2022
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

Thank you for your help, Andre. I appreciate that it was so prompt!

My system is a Dell Inspiron 5558.

First step: Running Troubleshooter in Hardware and Devices and then restarting.
    Outcome: No change. The drive says to insert a disc, even though there is a brand new on in the drive.

Second step: Open Device Manager and update the driver for the DVD drive.
    Outcome: No change. Using the option to search the internet for the most current drive, Microsoft says the best driver for this device is already installed. FYI - the DVD drive is: TSSTcorp
    DVD+- SU-208GB

Third step: Open Administrator:Windows Powershell and run the regedit.exe command then restart.

Outcome: No change. The drive does not recognize a new/blank DVD-R.

Fourth step: Check out the suggestions at groovypost.com. Remove and reinstall the IDE/ATAPI drivers (ATA Channel 0, ATA Channel 1, and Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller).

Outcome: When I set the view to "show hidden devices" and expanded the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, there is only one listed: Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family
    SATA AHCI Controller. I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure about uninstalling that driver.

So, bottom line, nothing changed. The problem of the drive not recognizing a new DVD is persisting. The only thing that changed from four days ago, when I burned about 8 DVDs, and now, is that I ran out of the DVDs I was using and bought a new batch (identical
    brand and type to what I had been using - SONY DVD-R). I bought a second batch of a different brand - Maxell DVD-R - and those don't work either.

I don't believe it is a hardware issue because when I plug in an external Dell DVD+-R drive, it also doesn't recognize the discs.

This is really bumming me out. I am in the middle of a project and I can't finish it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!!

slugrunnerZZ, Jan 17, 2022
  4. keakar Win User

Sony DVD+R

keakar, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Sony DVD+R

1. Sony DVD+R - Similar Threads - Sony DVD+R

2. Windows 11 work around for unsupported Sony Vaio laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 work around for unsupported Sony Vaio laptop: I have a Sony Vaio laptop running windows 10. I would ideally like to download windows11 but my laptop does not meet the download requirements unsupported secure boot, CPU & TPM I have tried every work around I can find on YouTube etc Registry editing and other hacks but...
  3. Windows 11 work around for unsupported Sony Vaio laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 work around for unsupported Sony Vaio laptop: I have a Sony Vaio laptop running windows 10. I would ideally like to download windows11 but my laptop does not meet the download requirements unsupported secure boot, CPU & TPM I have tried every work around I can find on YouTube etc Registry editing and other hacks but...
  4. Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.: I have a Sony STR-DH790 receiver plugged into a Geforce 4000 series GPU with HDMI. When the receiver changes format like when starting or exiting a game, or loading up Windows, Windows will freeze up for about 10 seconds. During that time I can see the receiver display...
  5. Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.

Sony receiver freezes Windows when changing format.: I have a Sony STR-DH790 receiver plugged into a Geforce 4000 series GPU with HDMI. When the receiver changes format like when starting or exiting a game, or loading up Windows, Windows will freeze up for about 10 seconds. During that time I can see the receiver display...
  6. Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only

Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only: I recently purchased the Sony WH-1000XM5 but when I pair these with my laptop Windows 10 it does not recognize the device has a mic. It is connected as music only. In the sound control panel I see the device listed as a Headset Hands-Free AG Audio but when I try to enable it...
  7. Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only: I recently purchased the Sony WH-1000XM5 but when I pair these with my laptop Windows 10 it does not recognize the device has a mic. It is connected as music only. In the sound control panel I see the device listed as a Headset Hands-Free AG Audio but when I try to enable it...
  8. Sony DVD+R

Sony DVD+R: I have got Windows 10 in my computer and the DVD reader CAN read and download the videos I have recorded on DVD+R support EXCEPT the Sony ones. Any idea of what the problem is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-dvdr/0bb33c09-ef92-4097-a128-07026eb1aa13
  9. Sony DVD+R

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony DVD+R: I have got Windows 10 in my computer and the DVD reader CAN read and download the videos I have recorded on DVD+R support EXCEPT the Sony ones. Any idea of what the problem is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-dvdr/0bb33c09-ef92-4097-a128-07026eb1aa13
  10. UNABLE TO BURN DVD-R (SONY 2.1*16X) AT 16X SPEED

UNABLE TO BURN DVD-R (SONY 2.1*16X) AT 16X SPEED: I am unable to to burn dvd presemtly it shows error that write speed is too fast or to slow there ia only two option to burn dvd at 8x or 4x i tried both but same error came. i am presently use windows 10 1909 my pc is just 2 yr old....