Windows 10: Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio...

Discus and support Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Read under Subject.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mickey Fynn, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio...

Read under Subject.

:)

Mickey Fynn, Jun 27, 2021
  2. senderj Win User

Old bluetooth dongle not work with new ear buds

I have an old bluetooth dongle that works well when connecting my win 10 PC to mobile phone and bluetooth speakers that needs a passcode when pairing. Recently I bought a ear buds and able to pair with my mobile phone without passcode, the ear buds does not come with any passcode. Now when I try to connect the ear buds to my PC, the PC can show the ear buds in its bluetooth device list, but when try to pair it, it still prompt me to enter passcode which the ear buds does not have one. Does it means my bluetooth dongle is too old for the ear buds? If I have to buy another newer dongle, what should I look for? Bluetooth v4.1? v5.0? or whatelse? How can I know what version is my old bluetooth dongle? Please help.

My PC is running Win10 Ent 2004 (OS Build 19041.985)

senderj, Jun 27, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User

Did you try the default Bluetooth passcode of 0000.

Which Bluetooth dongle you get depends on what you want to support. Bluetooth 4.0 will work with most devices. If you have or may want newer devices with Bluetooth 5.0 you should consider that also.

With Bluetooth 4.0 you have to use headsets in mono mode if you want to use its microphone. In other words if the headsets are in stereo mode the microphone is disabled. Bluetooth 5.0 is supposed to fix that but I haven't verified that.

Most older devices are Bluetooth 4.x. However, many newer devices are Bluetooth 5.x
    For example, both my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus are Bluetooth 5.0.
    Everything else I have is Bluetooth 4.0.

Desktop with Bluetooth dongle
    LMP 6 = Bluetooth 4.0

Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio... [​IMG]

Laptop with integrated Bluetooth
    LMP 7 = Bluetooth 4.1

Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio... [​IMG]

What Bluetooth version is on my PC?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-d2d23b082793

MisterEd, Jun 27, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio...

I have a laptop, 2 desktops, and 2 TVs with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth is built into the laptop and TVs but the desktops have Bluetooth dongles.

I have a Bluetooth headset and buds. Both will connect to any of the devices above. The biggest problem is pairing. I have discovered that sometimes I can't pair with one device if it is still paired with another. Once I unpair the old device I can pair them with a new one. Another thing is know is how to start pairing mode. The headset and buds have different ways to do this. Sometime a device will show that has already been paired but will not connect. I have to delete the device in the list and redo the pairing again. Then it will connect again.

MisterEd, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio...

1. Sony Ear Buds WF-1000XM3 in Windows 10 Bluetooth show as 'other device', not as 'audio... - Similar Threads - Sony Ear Buds

2. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  3. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  4. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound: So recently i just installed and upgrade my laptop from harddisk to ssd and windows 8.1 to windows 10. Then i installed the bluetooth Qualcomm Atheros then connect my headset Sony WF 1000XM3. At first it connected fine and i can hear the sound clearly. But after some time and...
  5. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound: So recently i just installed and upgrade my laptop from harddisk to ssd and windows 8.1 to windows 10. Then i installed the bluetooth Qualcomm Atheros then connect my headset Sony WF 1000XM3. At first it connected fine and i can hear the sound clearly. But after some time and...
  6. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Ear Buds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Ear Buds: I have some Bluetooth earbuds that I am trying to use with various applications as input and output devices. Currently I am testing the EarFun Free Pro headset which gets good review from CNET:"At one time, we had the cheaper EarFun Free on this list, but the newer and more...
  8. Connect Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3

Connect Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3: Hello I trying to connect my Sony Headset WF-1000XM3 to Microsoft Suface Book 3 but the headset does not even show on the list of bluetooth devices. I get no information about the headset when I want to add the in the setting section. Headset is sending bluetooth signal....
  9. no sound from my N11 Bluetooth ear buds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no sound from my N11 Bluetooth ear buds: I purchased a Broadcom dongle adapter for my desktop and i purchased a set of N11 Bluetooth ear buds. When I first got them everything worked fine, then I stopped hearing sound from my ear buds. I have uninstalled everything and re-installed but nothing works. Help!!...
  10. ear buds and windoows 10

ear buds and windoows 10: I watch a lot of movies on my pc. I am now trying my third pair of wireless earbuds JBL this time. They all cut in and out about every fourth word. Is there a fix for this or should I just go back to wired earbuds??...