Windows 10: Sony Headset detected but not working

Discus and support Sony Headset detected but not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I possess a Sony WH-900N Bluetooth headset, which used to sync and work with my computer Acer aspire A7-72G on Win 10. However since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bobby_The_Bob, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Sony Headset detected but not working

Hello,

I possess a Sony WH-900N Bluetooth headset, which used to sync and work with my computer Acer aspire A7-72G on Win 10.

However since recently, the headset does not connect anymore to my laptop, even if it shows up for connection when scanning Bluetooth devices.

It still appears as "paired" in the Bluetooth general parameters when the headset is off, but it is never really connected to it as it used to, and the headset does not recognition any Bluetooth connection from the computer.

I have tested the headset which works great with my phone otherwise, so it shouldn't be the issue.

I did a reset on the headphone as a try, which did not resolve the issue.

I did a Bluetooth driver update search on my laptop and reboot, which did not resolve the issue.

I uninstalled the driver of the device and/or generic Bluetooth driver and re-install then reboot, which did not solve it either.

I am open to suggestions, as it is a bit frustrating to have my Bluetooth headset only working when jacked.

:)

Bobby_The_Bob, Apr 1, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sony Headset detected but not working :p

cadaveca, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Logitech G930 headset not working for windows 10

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the first method and the headset still does work on another computer.

I also performed the steps for the second suggestion, although windows is not recognizing the device. Instead of any Logitech headset being detected, it shows me that error I mentioned above.

Please advise if there is another solution available.

MartinAWalker, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Sony Headset detected but not working

Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Sony Headset detected but not working

1. Sony Headset detected but not working - Similar Threads - Sony Headset detected

2. Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset audio working but microphone not detecting audio: I bought a mic for gaming that says it is compatible with pc. I plugged it into the splitter cables and can hear everything perfectly fine, but the computer isn’t even detecting audio when I speak into the mic. I have been googling and trying everything I find for half an...
  3. Bluetooth Headset Mic Detected, But Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset Mic Detected, But Not Working: I have a bluetooth headset that works perfectly fine on my phone, but not on my PC. Audio works great, but the mic refuses to work. It shows up in the recording tab, but it doesn't hear anything unless its hard wired to the PC. I've done a lot of googling and cannot find a...
  4. Connecting to headset Sony WI 1000X

Connecting to headset Sony WI 1000X: Hello, I have had no problem pairing and using my Sony WI 1000X with my phone or previous laptop. On my new laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise, my sony is "paired" but not "paired, connected for calls/audio". I've been trying and i cannot seem to get this to work. Anyone...
  5. Sony WH-CH400 Headset doesn't work as a Headset in Windows 10

Sony WH-CH400 Headset doesn't work as a Headset in Windows 10: I bought a Sony WH-CH400 Headset and it's working fine as Headphone in my laptop, but when I try to use it as headset in Skype and Teams calls, it's not working. The headset is connected, and in the description voice and music are available as you can see in the image...
  6. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...
  7. Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows. I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the...
  8. After Windows Update Headset Not Detected/WORKING!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows Update Headset Not Detected/WORKING!: I made an update today and since then I can't hear anything on the headset and can't record anything from the microphone submitted by /u/mlgidan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efgxbi/after_windows_update_headset_not_detectedworking/
  9. USB headset not detected?

USB headset not detected?: Hello, I recently bought an Onikuma K5 headset for my PC (Over Powered PC, windows10 ). Whenever I plug my headset in the USB port it doesn't show up in my devices or in my audio settings. I'll have the headphone and mic jacks plugged into my computer as well, and I can't...
  10. USB headset not detecting.

USB headset not detecting.: I got headset for my PC today. It is both headphones and microphones. Although I can use the 3.5mm jack, full functionality is offered through the USB port. However, upon plugging in the USB, the headset is not detected. Other devices work fine in all USB ports. I have...