Windows 10: Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

Discus and support Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista. My CD and/or DVD reader/driver/recorder/burner is giving me a fit today. In the past, it has read and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mills Goodlett, May 2, 2021.

1. Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista. My CD and/or DVD reader/driver/recorder/burner is giving me a fit today. In the past, it has read and recorded CD's and read DVD's. Now, it is unable to burn a readable copy of a DVD tiff video from my desktop. In This PC "My Computer" it shows up as a "DVD RW Drive", but when I go into device manager, it shows DVD/CD - ROM. Then, when I go into driver properties there it shows Device Type DVD/CD-ROM Drives.What do I have , and will it burn a DVD?The device shows up as an Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA Device no menti

:)

Mills Goodlett, May 2, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

I presume you are aware that your model doesn't seem to be listed by Sony as supported for Windows 10.

Windows 10 upgrade | Sony

Their Support page for the VPCEB2E9E only lists software and downloads for Windows 7, Vista and XP, there is however a firmware update for the drive...
    https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/co...B2E9E/list#os1
    Apparently...
    To add further to your problems, There are unlikely to be any new updates for the Optiarc drives because...
    Optiarc - Wikipedia

Is it just CDs that you can't see, or do you have the same problem with DVDs? Does the CD/DVD drive appear in File Explorer? Does Device Manager show it as working?

Oh, strike that, I see you've already said...
    ...and have been struggling with this problem for a while now...
    Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive
    ...it may be time to accept that this drive can't be made to work and go for an external USB drive instead. *Sad

Bree, May 2, 2021
  3. samIOW Win User
    Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Hello,

Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet

In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thanks

samIOW, May 2, 2021
  4. Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD

1. Sony Optiarc AD7200S working with cds but will not burn a DVD - Similar Threads - Sony Optiarc AD7200S

2. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to burn cds.: I am trying to burn music from one cd to another. after I ripped the cd and moved to burn it, a message comes up and says window can not burn to the disc because the drive is in use wait and try later when that operation in finished. What can I do to fix this ?Thany You , Tom...
  3. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  4. Burning CDs

Burning CDs: Why is now impossible for me to burn 10 mp3 files using Windows 10 media player onto a standard CD? I was able to do this last week. Now I can't. I have changed no settings. Nothing. You would think that after about 35 years of Microsoft, you would have made it easy to burn...
  5. Burning CDs

Burning CDs: Hi Everyone. I was having difficulty burning my own recorded mp3's last year. I updated the playlist and used a writable cd and it finally worked...the whole 13 tracks burned to disc with Windows media Player. Fast forward a year I am wanting to burn another 13 tracks...
  6. Burn Cds

Burn Cds: I want to burn a 33 page Windows file either as .docx or pdf file, but I am not all that familiar with Windows 10. Can someoneoffer a procedure for a rookie? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/c85388c2-855d-4257-94d2-517c98df147d
  7. burn cds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn cds: how to burn cds when windows cannot find file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/7a3a7367-2c9f-473a-8e8c-51a3a78d0da8"
  8. Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: Hello, Just wondered if anybody has manage to find the Fix the problem with the Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive yet In that under windows 10 it does not see any cd which is in the drive.*Mad*Mad*Mad Thanks 68771
  9. Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive: hello, I have a problem in that after upgrading from windows 8.1 pro 64 bit to windows 10 my dvd/cd drive is not working, It shows it as a cd drive which if you try and use it , It comes up with put a cd in ,which doesn't do anything, for some reason it see it as a cd...
  10. Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sony OptiArc AD7240 not seen: During the install of 10041 I found that it was taking over 10 hours. Forced a reboot and the OS came up. When I tried to run a program install from a CD (non-bootable) the drive did not run. Only a bootable installer (W10) on a clean startup is recognized. I suspecthat W10...