Windows 10: Sony TV Monitor

Discus and support Sony TV Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do you adjust screen size on the tv monitor so I can see the tool bar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardBurnett73, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Sony TV Monitor

How do you adjust screen size on the tv monitor so I can see the tool bar?

:)

RichardBurnett73, Jan 2, 2020
  2. MorganB2 Win User

Resolution on a Sony Bravia TV used as a second monitor

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I bought the Sony Bravia in 2008. It is a model KDL-42V4100. Like I said before it was working as a second display monitor just fine for 6 months.

The major symptom is that the colors being displayed are reversed. White is black and vice versa. Blue is blue. Others are mixed. There is some blurriness especially with a video, which is the primary intended purpose.

I looked at what you mentioned. I replaced the Wide Angle Flexview 2880x1620 driver. This is being used by the primary laptop from what I see. This was not a problem, but I noticed that an update was available. I am using a 2880x1620 resolution, as that
    is what Windows 10 recommends.

The secondary TV monitor is using the Generic PnP Monitor driver. Windows says that it is the current driver and is working properly. There is another odd symptom. When I have the TV connected and I go to System -> Dsiplay - Advanced Feature - the box with
    the monitors shows only one monitor. When I click on the Identify button the same number shows on both the laptop monitor and the TV.

You mentioned checking the HDR settings. My display settings say that I am using SDR.

My plan of attack is as follows:

1. I have a second Sony Bravia. I will connect the laptop to that one and see if the behavior is different. That TV is a few years newer and internet capable. I need to be careful on my timing for this activity, as that is the TV the wife watched her soaps
      on. Sony TV Monitor :)
    2. Reinstall Generic PnP Monitor driver even though it says there is nothing wrong with it.
    3. Continue to browse the net.
    4. Consider buying a new laptop. Sony TV Monitor :(
    5. ......

MorganB2, Jan 2, 2020
  3. MorganB2 Win User
    Resolution on a Sony Bravia TV used as a second monitor

I connected the laptop to the second and several years newer Sony Bravia and it works like a charm. This is basically good news. I do not want to switch over to that TV on a permanent basis, as that would be quite disruptive to the overall scheme of things
    and I am moving in 6 weeks. Guess I will have to suffer through watching my videos on the laptop monitor for a while.

Difference between the two TVs is that the newer one is a true Smart TV, whereas the older one is just a HD flat screen. Still it would be nice to get the older one working

All in all, I should be happy that the laptop seems to be out of candidate list for being part of the problem.

MorganB2, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Sony TV Monitor

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Sony TV Monitor

1. Sony TV Monitor - Similar Threads - Sony Monitor

2. About transferring pics from a Sony handcam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About transferring pics from a Sony handcam: Hi, I have a HDR Sony cx240 camera, I have done the right steps to get to the import part but every time I try to import it keeps saying “Your device has not been updated to accept transfers” what do I do to accept? I’m not sure where to go or what to click…...
  3. About transferring pics from a Sony handcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About transferring pics from a Sony handcam: Hi, I have a HDR Sony cx240 camera, I have done the right steps to get to the import part but every time I try to import it keeps saying “Your device has not been updated to accept transfers” what do I do to accept? I’m not sure where to go or what to click…...
  4. About transferring pics from a Sony handcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio not working on Sony TV Monitor that I have connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working on Sony TV Monitor that I have connected to my laptop: I have a Sony 32" Monitor connected to my HP Laptop via a HDMI CableDisplay works perfectly , sound on all apps are coming out of laptop speakers with the exception of Outlook 21 where the new message alert does not occurIf I change my default sound output to the Sony TV...
  6. Audio not working on Sony TV Monitor that I have connected to my laptop

Audio not working on Sony TV Monitor that I have connected to my laptop: I have a Sony 32" Monitor connected to my HP Laptop via a HDMI CableDisplay works perfectly , sound on all apps are coming out of laptop speakers with the exception of Outlook 21 where the new message alert does not occurIf I change my default sound output to the Sony TV...
  7. Audio not working on Sony TV Monitor that I have connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor: I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as...
  9. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor: I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as...
  10. Purple text with a Sony x900f as a monitor during PC usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purple text with a Sony x900f as a monitor during PC usage: When I connect the TV to my PC I get discoloration of letters while Windows ClearType text is enabled, but only in Game/Graphics modes which are meant to accurately display the 4:4:4/RGB signal. When ClearType is disabled the issue goes away but the text is jagged and ugly....