Windows 10: Sony Vaio Operating System not found error

Discus and support Sony Vaio Operating System not found error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an older Sony Vaio (2012 touchscreen all-in-one desktop model) that we upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade came out. On Friday we got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AK1231, Aug 10, 2019.

1. AK1231 Win User

Sony Vaio Operating System not found error

I have an older Sony Vaio (2012 touchscreen all-in-one desktop model) that we upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade came out. On Friday we got the dreaded "Operating System Not Found" error.

We were able to get into the BIOS once, by accident, and tried system repair. Did not work. We moved many times since we bought this computer, so it's anyone's best guess where the recovery disk is at. Not sure it would work anyway, since that one is in Windows 7.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to at least get the data off of it? I'm not sure how broken it is, since the original wireless mouse and keyboard are still connected via Bluetooth.

:)

AK1231, Aug 10, 2019

2. I have a sony vaio and it says my vaio is off most stuff works but my list are all messed up it is sony vaio svl 24125 cxb

Sony Vaio is the Brand Name of the laptop, not the operating system.

"it says my vaio is off most stuff works but my list are all messed" doesn't make sense.

How is your Vaio off?

Bill Smithers, Aug 10, 2019
  3. relyt Win User
    Sony Vaio no operating system found. Stuck in loop

I have a Sony Vaio that had Windows 10. Not sure what happened, but it will only go to the Sony Vaio Repair screen. I tried booting from an external hdd, but it says it can't read media. There is no way to access Safe Mode, command prompt or anything Windows related. Clicking any of the Sony repair tools only brings me back to the same screen. I can only access BIOS which does recognize the internal drive. It seems like it's just super corrupted. At this point, I just want to wipe the hard drive completely and start over. I've Googled (and tried) many "solutions", but without being able to access the command prompt, i can't do much. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks

relyt, Aug 10, 2019
  4. bingwing Win User

Keyboard won't work Sony vaio

My keyboard will not operate on my Sony vaio VGN-AR since I loaded 10 from Vista.

bingwing, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Sony Vaio Operating System not found error - Similar Threads - Sony Vaio Operating

2. “Operating system not found” Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    “Operating system not found” Error on Windows 10: I just started to get this message on one of my computers but now I cannot replicate it. I copied all of my data off the computer last night so that I could try to get to the repair option at bootup. I shutdown my computer today after all of the files were copied and inserted...
  3. Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP: can i upgrade my Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP to windows 10 without a problem please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-pcg-6qpp/ec391bbd-e13f-4090-90f1-44fed163bdd2
  4. An operating system wasn't found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An operating system wasn't found.: So a few days ago my PC died so my brother gave me his old one that was working fine and running windows 10. He put my old SSD into the new PC so I didn't lose any data. Fast forward to today, I removed my old SSD (It was doing more harm than good staying in, plus I saved all...
  5. sony vaio laptop battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...
  6. Operating System not found, SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating System not found, SSD: Been searching for an answer for some time, but have an issue still not resolved. My son's PC is a self built PC, upgraded to Windows 10 when Win 10 came out. No issues until recently, when the PC started freezing at odd times (night, sleeping, browser on and just sitting...
  7. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...
  8. Operating System Not Found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating System Not Found: Hi, my Acer Aspire One was upgraded to Windows 10. Eventually, I ran into some issues with the start menu not popping up, so I decided to run a clean reset of Windows 10. The reset failed, so I turned off the notebook. When I turned it back on, the message "An operating...
  9. An operating system was not found......

in Windows 10 Support
    An operating system was not found......: I did the conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 1.5 months ago. This is a Dell Vostro w/Intel Corei5 desktop All was fine until I attempted to wake the computer from sleep mode recently and got the following error. An operating system was not found. Try...
  10. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: Starting the other day, after forgetting to plug in my laptop (Asus x54h), now when I start up I get an error code- 0xc0000521a, with a message that says my pc didn't start correctly and needs to restart. Then I get to the troubleshooting screen, and am able to try and...