Windows 10: Sony Vaio Operating System not found error

Discus and support Sony Vaio Operating System not found error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an older Sony Vaio (2012 touchscreen all-in-one desktop model) that we upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade came out. On Friday we got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AK1231, Aug 10, 2019.

1. AK1231 Win User

Sony Vaio Operating System not found error

I have an older Sony Vaio (2012 touchscreen all-in-one desktop model) that we upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade came out. On Friday we got the dreaded "Operating System Not Found" error.

We were able to get into the BIOS once, by accident, and tried system repair. Did not work. We moved many times since we bought this computer, so it's anyone's best guess where the recovery disk is at. Not sure it would work anyway, since that one is in Windows 7.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to at least get the data off of it? I'm not sure how broken it is, since the original wireless mouse and keyboard are still connected via Bluetooth.

:)

AK1231, Aug 10, 2019

2. I have a sony vaio and it says my vaio is off most stuff works but my list are all messed up it is sony vaio svl 24125 cxb

Sony Vaio is the Brand Name of the laptop, not the operating system.

"it says my vaio is off most stuff works but my list are all messed" doesn't make sense.

How is your Vaio off?

Bill Smithers, Aug 10, 2019
  3. relyt Win User
    Sony Vaio no operating system found. Stuck in loop

I have a Sony Vaio that had Windows 10. Not sure what happened, but it will only go to the Sony Vaio Repair screen. I tried booting from an external hdd, but it says it can't read media. There is no way to access Safe Mode, command prompt or anything Windows related. Clicking any of the Sony repair tools only brings me back to the same screen. I can only access BIOS which does recognize the internal drive. It seems like it's just super corrupted. At this point, I just want to wipe the hard drive completely and start over. I've Googled (and tried) many "solutions", but without being able to access the command prompt, i can't do much. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks

relyt, Aug 10, 2019
  4. bingwing Win User

Keyboard won't work Sony vaio

My keyboard will not operate on my Sony vaio VGN-AR since I loaded 10 from Vista.

bingwing, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Sony Vaio Operating System not found error - Similar Threads - Sony Vaio Operating

2. An operating system was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An operating system was not found: Hello Yesterday I turned on my computer , turned it off , tried to boot from an external hard drive with windows 7 installed I was gonna check if it works and turned out it was crashingI was gonna format it using diskpart ,when again turned on my computer with the external...
  3. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  4. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  5. Error 1962: No operating system found

Error 1962: No operating system found: Hi, So My Lenovo Desktop was running weird so I tried resetting it and when it did i had the blue screen of dead and did try to install windows 10 with a USB but out of no where it started to give me the Error 1962, but when i had the USB plugged in i tried installing the...
  6. Operating System Not Found Error Message

Operating System Not Found Error Message: I cloned my drive and installed a new SSD as the old drive was full. All working really well except windows very slow to bootup >5 mins but working well once running. Thinking the cloning had not worked fully I ran the media creation tool via usb which on reflection was not a...
  7. Operating system not found error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Operating system not found error: My pc was perfectly fine the day before but when ı opened it yesterday,”operating system not found” line came. I checked the bios and in the boot section there is not anything that says harddisc cant be found. So does that mean the problem is not with the harddisc ? What...
  8. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found: I installed Ubuntu on a USB SSD some time ago, and then to make use of the SSD I later on formatted it, and put it directly in my system. At the time I didn't know that it wasn't the right way of doing it, and so my PC entered grub rescue mode every time the SSD was detected....
  9. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  10. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...