Windows 10: sony vaio , problem

Discus and support sony vaio , problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anne_19FA, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Anne_19FA Win User

sony vaio , problem

I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have been really satisfied with sony vaio so far. But now , I don't know.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

:)

Anne_19FA, Mar 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

For my case (Sony VAIO Tap 11)... it is there in the list of models.

... but it turns out i don't need that upgrade 'driver' anyway. The special 'upgrade' mode did nothing to my machine prior to the actual upgrade, and after completing the upgrade it merely installed one single update (to Sony Control Center I believe) that can be downloaded anyway from Sony's website. Working like a charm now running on Win10 (except for a few Intel display driver problems which are not specific to VAIO the way I understand it)

seemebreakthis, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive

I presume you are aware that your model doesn't seem to be listed by Sony as supported for Windows 10.

Windows 10 upgrade | Sony

Their Support page for the VPCEB2E9E only lists software and downloads for Windows 7, Vista and XP, there is however a firmware update for the drive...
    https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/co...B2E9E/list#os1
    Apparently...
    To add further to your problems, There are unlikely to be any new updates for the Optiarc drives because...
    Optiarc

Is it just CDs that you can't see, or do you have the same problem with DVDs? Does the CD/DVD drive appear in File Explorer? Does Device Manager show it as working?

Oh, strike that, I see you've already said...
    ...and have been struggling with this problem for a while now...
    Problem with sony Vaio optiarc 7700h dvd/cd drive
    ...it may be time to accept that this drive can't be made to work and go for an external USB drive instead. *Sad

4. sony vaio , problem

USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio

My computer info

sony vaio , problem [​IMG]

Device Manager

sony vaio , problem [​IMG]

Great. I just spent 1/2 hour composing a message and kept seeing "Auto Saved" keep popping up, but my hand slipped, don't know what I did, but was left with the 2 pics above, lost everything I had typed, and don't see how to bring back what was auto saved, so going with short version of issue:

• I have 3-USB ports, inside colored blue, 1 HDMI, and 1 SD card reader
      • Are all 3 USB ports 3.0?
      • Is that confirmed by the blue coloring?
      • How can I tell in Device Manager?
    • Does USB 3.0 back-read 2.0?
      • Seems logical that it would, but I have a device (webcam) that, when plugged in, is sometimes recognized, but the camera app cannot run it, that it needs additional permissions but won't let me give them (yes, logged in as admin). Have tried to update drivers (says all current), FixIt, re-boot, etc. Nothing works. Sometimes it is not recognized at all.
      • Is this a typical MS money grab to force new purchases/upgrades?

Your help is much appreciated.

BeachBengal, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

sony vaio , problem

1. sony vaio , problem - Similar Threads - sony vaio problem

2. sony vaio care brightness problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio care brightness problem: I have a Sony S series - Vaio VPCSB25FG, after upgrading to windows 10 vaio care software is not working in spite of installing the software freshly, as a result brightness and other functions and controls are not working, any solution to this issue will greatly be...
  3. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  4. Sony Vaio VPCSA Microphone Drivers Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio VPCSA Microphone Drivers Problems: Good afternoon, I have a Sony Vaio VPCSA that I bought used and I installed a Windows 10 using a new SSD. Everything was fine but I can´t talk using any application Skyope, Teams, Voice Recorder because the microphone generates a terrible buzz. I've tried all the Microsoft...
  5. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  6. Sony vaio starting problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sony vaio starting problem: I have a prolem when starting my vaio sony, shows this screen only with no any solution, please help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-starting-problem/3096e97d-c9f4-49d6-9b61-6b20147c4935
  7. Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP

Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP: can i upgrade my Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP to windows 10 without a problem please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-pcg-6qpp/ec391bbd-e13f-4090-90f1-44fed163bdd2
  8. Problem with touchpad on Windows 10 Sony Vaio

Problem with touchpad on Windows 10 Sony Vaio: I have a sony Vaio with 4gb of RAM, touch screen, Windows 8 pre-installed. After upgrading to 10 and for 'bout 1 month of usage my touchpad became laggy, freezing sometimes and I couldn't do the right/left click with the touchpad anymore. When I entered recovery mode the...
  9. sony vaio laptop battery

sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...
  10. Sony Vaio SFEP driver

Sony Vaio SFEP driver: I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E. It was upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade became available, but the Nvidia drivers weren't available so I put W7 back on. I now have a new laptop and decided to try upgrading the Sony again so our son can have it. I have done a few...