Windows 10: Sony Vaio SFEP driver

Discus and support Sony Vaio SFEP driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E. It was upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade became available, but the Nvidia drivers weren't available so I put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hazel123, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Hazel123 Win User

Sony Vaio SFEP driver

I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E. It was upgraded to Windows 10 when the free upgrade became available, but the Nvidia drivers weren't available so I put W7 back on. I now have a new laptop and decided to try upgrading the Sony again so our son can have it.

I have done a few clean installs on other laptops, so did a clean install, after some waiting and doing Windows updates, drivers were all installed, including the Nvidia ones. There are two exclamation marks in device manager. One is for the SFEP driver, the other for the Ricoh memory stick slot.

I have most of the drivers for Windows 7 on an SD card, but Windows 10 won't accept the SFEP driver. Without that the graphics don't work properly apparently.

Also, usually after a clean install on Sony's they need the SFEP, Shared Library and Setting Utility Series drivers adding.

So - does anyone know where I can get the SFEP driver (or the others) that will work with Windows 10? Sony's drivers webpage for this model no longer seems to be there.

I believe shared library and setting utility are needed to ensure function keys work and SFEP works with the NVidia drivers. Anyway although Windows 10 was working without them, the laptop got extremely overheated so I'm thinking the SFEP is necessary somehow. It doesn't overheat with Windows 7 on.

I did find this link for SFEP driver for Sony Windows 10 but not sure if it's a good for any model of Sony laptop.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Sony/Sony-Vaio-SVE15135CXS-Firmware-Extension-Parser-Driver-8024-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml

:)

Hazel123, Apr 5, 2017
  2. KarlBerger_760, Apr 5, 2017
  3. vaio control center missing after clean windows 10 install

Hello, in my vaio SVS, to install VAIO Control Center I need:

Sony Firmware Extension Parser Driver

Sony Shared Library

VAIO Control Center

Thank you so much for the help Sony Vaio SFEP driver :) Sony Vaio SFEP driver :)

Dieguitovd, Apr 5, 2017
  4. Hazel123 Win User

Sony Vaio SFEP driver

Also Sony no longer has a support page for this model (it used to have all the drivers etc to download on the support page and the page is no longer there, or the model listed when going onto other Sony support pages).

Hazel123, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Hazel123 Win User
    I've given up and put Windows 7 back on it. It seemed to be running ok without the SFEP driver, until son tried to play Minecraft then it kept overheating and shutting down. It doesn't seem to overheat with Windows 7 so either it just doesn't go well with Windows 10 or it needs some drivers I don't have or something.

Hazel123, Apr 7, 2017
  6. erpster4 Win User
    I think you needed v8.0.2.5 of the Sony SFEP driver. v8.0.2.5 was for Win8.1 but may (or may not work) with Win10.

For Win7, use no version higher than v8.0.2.3 of the SFEP driver. I know for sure v8.0.2.4 of that driver was for Win8 (or Win8.0) only and versions 8.0.2.4 and 8.0.2.5 of the SFEP drivers don't work under Win7.

erpster4, Apr 14, 2017
  7. Hazel123 Win User
    Thank you very much! I ended up doing a clean install of Windows 7 on that machine, and noticed that Windows installed the SFEP driver (not sure which version) but the laptop is much better for a clean install of Windows 7. I've put Windows 10 on a different laptop that runs it well. I still don't know if the SFEP driver would have made much difference to how W10 ran on the Sony, but that Sony does have fussy firmware - for example it will only take the exact same size hard drive, not Advanced format hard drives either. Or overheats then too.

It's confusing! On W10 Windows found and installed Nvidia drivers. On Windows 7 I had to install the original Nvidia drivers myself, but Windows found and installed SFEP.

Hazel123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sony Vaio SFEP driver

1. Sony Vaio SFEP driver - Similar Threads - Sony Vaio SFEP

2. SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS: Hi i have this sony vaio model PCG-71312. I have reset it from factory and now i want to download the newest drivers but i cant find them. For its best use the pc asked me to download these: <>pci simple communications controller driver<>base system device<>ethernet...
  3. SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SONY VAIO MODEL PCG-71312L IN SEARCH FOR DRIVERS: Hi i have this sony vaio model PCG-71312. I have reset it from factory and now i want to download the newest drivers but i cant find them. For its best use the pc asked me to download these: <>pci simple communications controller driver<>base system device<>ethernet...
  4. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  5. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  6. Sony Vaio VPCSA Microphone Drivers Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio VPCSA Microphone Drivers Problems: Good afternoon, I have a Sony Vaio VPCSA that I bought used and I installed a Windows 10 using a new SSD. Everything was fine but I can´t talk using any application Skyope, Teams, Voice Recorder because the microphone generates a terrible buzz. I've tried all the Microsoft...
  7. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  8. Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP

Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP: can i upgrade my Sony VAIO, PCG-6QPP to windows 10 without a problem please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-pcg-6qpp/ec391bbd-e13f-4090-90f1-44fed163bdd2
  9. Question about Sony Vaio Drivers

Question about Sony Vaio Drivers: I have a sony vaio SVF15213SN Laptop. Sony recently released drives for it, but they say that you have to be on windows 8.1 for the drivers to download and then you can upgrade to windows 10. But I already upgraded (did a clean install) to windows 10 enterprise when it was...
  10. sony vaio laptop battery

sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfep driver windows 10

2. sfep driver

3. SFEP vaio

4. sony sfep driver windows 10,
  5. sony vaio sfep driver windows 10,
  6. sfep windows 10,
  7. v8.0.2.5 of the sony sfep driver sony support,
  8. sony sfep,
  9. vaio sfep driver windows 10,
  10. vaio sfep windows 10,
  11. sfep driver for windows 10,