Windows 10: Sony VAIO SVS1311 Laptop without WiFi switch - Laptop's WiFi Led Indicator does not turn...

Discus and support Sony VAIO SVS1311 Laptop without WiFi switch - Laptop's WiFi Led Indicator does not turn... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I have upgraded my Windows 7 Sony Vaio SVS1311 laptop to Windows 10. I have managed to successfully install the drivers and most of the Sony... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ekosmas, Mar 8, 2021.

1. ekosmas Win User

Sony VAIO SVS1311 Laptop without WiFi switch - Laptop's WiFi Led Indicator does not turn...

Recently I have upgraded my Windows 7 Sony Vaio SVS1311 laptop to Windows 10. I have managed to successfully install the drivers and most of the Sony tools.

Unfortunately, I have not yet managed to correctly install the Sony Vaio Smart Network Tool, which I was using on my Windows 7 installation in order to enable/disable the WiFi. My laptop does not have a manual/physical switch for doing this. It seems that there is no version of this tool for Windows 10. Therefore, I can not turn off my laptop's WiFi led Indicator.

I have also tried to completely remove the WiFi network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 and disable the WiFi network from BIOS, but the led insists to remain on

Any suggestions on enabling/disabling WiFi from Windows 10 with the corresponding affect to my laptop's LED WiFi indicator e.g. successfully installing Sony Vaio Smart Network would be more than welcome!

:)

ekosmas, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Jonno Win User

Asus laptop wifi led not lighting

Looking at this model, there is no WiFi light (A WiFi LED indicator isn't very common on laptops now, it featured before WiFi was a near certainty to appear on a laptop).

The light you're referring to indicates that you are in airplane mode. As such, it is function exactly as intended.

Sony VAIO SVS1311 Laptop without WiFi switch - Laptop's WiFi Led Indicator does not turn... DcHkK.png

Jonno, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Asus laptop wifi led not lighting

Last week i bought asus x555lb laptop and installed windows 10. And saw,
    that wifi led is off, it light up only then I turn on air plane mode.

All drivers from asus web site are installed.

On my old laptop wifi led light was blinking, I dont know if it suppose on new asus. How to know this?

Wifi connection is perfect.

Gytis_Code, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Victor Win User

Sony VAIO SVS1311 Laptop without WiFi switch - Laptop's WiFi Led Indicator does not turn...

cannot turn on wifi on acer laptop

Laptop model: Acer Aspire A515-51-59DP

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Settings > WiFi Settings > Turn On WiFi (it shows as off). That switches the toggle, but never turns on. If I reload the WiFi settings, it shows as off again.
    2. It does have a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable WiFi (Fn + F3), but that does nothing at all. (the other F-key hotkeys work). This machine does not have a hardware switch for WiFi.
    3. Reinstalled WiFi driver.
    4. Replaced WiFi card, installed drivers.
    5. Disabled power management (don't allow Windows to turn off wireless)
    6. Found a couple posts that said with Intel cards to disable 40hz. Now explicit setting for that here, but found one similar and changing it did nothing.
    7. I don't see anything in the BIOS for enabling/disabling it.
    8. Restarted machine multiple times. Also pulled battery and cord and held power for 30 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Video of the problem:

Victor, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Sony VAIO SVS1311 Laptop without WiFi switch - Laptop's WiFi Led Indicator does not turn... - Similar Threads - Sony VAIO SVS1311

2. Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop: I have this problem with my laptop , it doesnt want to install Windows 10 even from a Disc or USB installation , I tried booting it also but it doesnt it just goes blank then shows little dots on the screen...
  3. Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi on Sony VAIO - adapter randomly stopped working: Hi all, Hoping someone can help me as I'm a bit lost with this one. A friend whos laptop I've done some maintenance on has given me another of his friends to do much the same - including upgrade to an SSD and add more RAM. It's a Sony Vaio (VPCEB4J0E). The laptop was...
  4. Sony VAIO-Z Series Model: SVZ1311CHXXI with Windows 10 and cannot turn on wifi; not...

Sony VAIO-Z Series Model: SVZ1311CHXXI with Windows 10 and cannot turn on wifi; not...: hi i have a Sony Vaio-Z model SVZ1311CHXXI with Windows 10 and i cannot turn on the wifi on it. its not connecting to any wireless wifi systems. i went to the system settings and clicked the switch to turn on the wifi, but it dosent turn on. can u help me?...
  5. VAIO Sony laptop Crashed/Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VAIO Sony laptop Crashed/Windows 10: Hello, I’ve been trying for 3 weeks to reset my computer to factory settings, after it crashed when I tried to load the my computer from “sleep mode”. I’ve done everything in F3 or F2, and the only thing that occurred from it was I lost My operating system, which is Windows...
  6. WiFi on Sony Vaio will not work with Windows 10

WiFi on Sony Vaio will not work with Windows 10: Hello Microsoft community. I have a Sony VAIO model SVE15115FXS laptop. The original OS was Windows 7. After the unfortunate upgrade to Windows 10, a lot of functionality was lost in my computer and the biggest issues is that the airplane mode is always toggling back on and...
  7. Sony Vaio laptop not playing sound through laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio laptop not playing sound through laptop speakers: I have a Sony Vaio laptop VJS131 with Windows 10 Pro on it. Within the last two days my computer has stopped playing sounds through the laptop speakers. Audio from external speakers/headphones works fine, but no sound plays from the computer's speakers. I have ensured that...
  8. Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10/Sony vaio laptop battery not charging: [ATTACH] hi everyone. as the title suggest, my laptop's battery is is not working/charging. and I'm not sure whether battery's dead or the problem is something else. just up till few days back, battery backup was decent (an hour of video playback or few hours of normal...
  9. sony vaio laptop battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...
  10. Wifi won't turn on laptop.

Wifi won't turn on laptop.: I go into network settings and try slide green slider to on but just flips back to off.. I tried with ethernet and it works that way. Any ideas? 21581