Windows 10: Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

Discus and support Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly. It seems that before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter-Aerts, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly.

It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree headset device". After the update they were replaced with the "WH-1000XM3 Hands-Free AG Audio" device:

Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver) 17fecdda-6439-4f84-9124-e5b885932eb8?upload=true.jpg

This device acts as a headset not as a stereo-heaphone set: it only gives mono and low definition sound. So it makes my headphones completely unusable for listening to music.

What I already did:

- removing and reconnecting the device.

- looking for Sony Driver on the web: nothing is to be found.

Can anybody give advice on how to fix this problem?

:)

Peter-Aerts, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Sony headphones and handsfree WH-CH700N are connected and doesn't play music o work as handsfree

Hi Josep,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To troubleshoot the Bluetooth connection issue, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth
      and right click on your Bluetooth driver.
    • Click on Update Driver
      and choose Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Choose Let me pick from a list of available device drivers on my
      computer and click on Next.
    • Choose a different version of driver among the drivers listed there and click on
      Next.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to install the driver. Reboot the machine once the driver is installed and check if you’re able to connect the devices.

Additional information: Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

If the device is still not available as a playback device after pairing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Right click the Volume
      icon on the taskbar and choose Sounds.
    • Under Playback
      tab, right click on an empty space and select Show Disabled Devices
      and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • Once the above options are enabled, check if the Bluetooth device is listed. If listed, right click on it and
      Enable the device and Set as Default.

Meanwhile, you may also go through the troubleshooting article
    by Sony and see if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2019
  4. SarahKong Win User

Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

Sony WH-CH700N bluetooth headphones don't work in Windows 10

Not when it is a Sony product and not Microsoft product.

You have done everything we would have suggested.

Buy installing drivers etc.

To get stereo settings and not just mono that is a driver software you need.

Microsoft would not make the driver software for a Sony product, do you see what I am saying.

Not trying to be rude or difficult but that setting is from a software driver from a 3rd party product.

SarahKong, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

1. Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver) - Similar Threads - Sony 1000XM3 driver

2. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound: So recently i just installed and upgrade my laptop from harddisk to ssd and windows 8.1 to windows 10. Then i installed the bluetooth Qualcomm Atheros then connect my headset Sony WF 1000XM3. At first it connected fine and i can hear the sound clearly. But after some time and...
  3. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound: So recently i just installed and upgrade my laptop from harddisk to ssd and windows 8.1 to windows 10. Then i installed the bluetooth Qualcomm Atheros then connect my headset Sony WF 1000XM3. At first it connected fine and i can hear the sound clearly. But after some time and...
  4. Problem with Sony WF 1000XM3 Connectivity and sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  6. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  7. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sony WH-1000MX4

Sony WH-1000MX4: Hello,Last December, I bought a new pair of headphones: WH-1000MX4. I use them for music and for gaming and when I'm listening to music, they work great. But when I'm gaming... not so much.When choosing an output device, I can choose between WH-1000MXStereo and...
  9. Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?

Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?: Just got a set of Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones, which are on the latest firmware. When I pair them to my fully patched Surfacebook 2 running Windows 10 1909, the battery level isnt shown in Windows 10 bluetooth settings. The battery level shows up just fine on my Samsung Galaxy...
  10. Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?: I've updated the firmware, removed the device and reinstalled, and even switched to a different bluetooth dongle -- no matter what I try, I can't get the microphone to work when I connect to Windows 10. It works on any other device I have - mobile, tablet, etc - but I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sony wh-1000xm3 driver windows 10

2. wh-1000xm3 crashing my computer

3. wh-1000xm3 windows 10 driver

4. windows 10 wont install wh-1000xm3 correctly,
  5. sony wh-1000xm3 windows 10 no stereo mode,
  6. wh-1000xm3 no stereo,
  7. sony wh1000xm3 windows driver,
  8. wh1000xm3 showing up on unknown device,
  9. wh-1000xm3 Windows 10 apps,
  10. problems with sony wh1000xm3 and bluetooth on windows 10,
  11. wh-1000xm3 not connecting as headphones on windows,