Windows 10: Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Discus and support Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones. I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CATTARD, Aug 10, 2020.

1. CATTARD Win User

Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Hi,

I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones.

I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my WH-H910N h.ear.Headphones.

When I pair my WH-H910N h.ear - they are paired under 'Óther Devices' - which is where my phone sits as well. Because they sit here there is no option "connect" to them, only the option to 'remove device'

Can anyone explain why the headphones would not be recognised as Audio?

You will see that my Sony Bluetooth earbuds appear in both playback & recording, but my new headphones do not.

Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device 9ef758e5-0c05-4deb-a47b-e16d34ba9ade?upload=true.jpg Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device 90a8f84b-7679-4279-94bd-3898f78f7e97?upload=true.jpg Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device 30de4200-2737-4836-8d8c-b393a1cd1561?upload=true.jpg Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device 4ac5a47d-68fb-492c-80a8-14c5a6f01280?upload=true.jpg

Many thanks

Connie

:)

CATTARD, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Justuslol Win User

my wh-H910N (h.ear) Sony headphones give way too much ambient noise when my computer detects I'm using a communications device

my wh-H910N (h.ear) Sony headphones give way too much ambient noise when my computer detects I'm using a communications device (that being hands free AG stuff) and blocks out all audio. I really want to get rid of it so I can enjoy listening to music or
    watching videos while talking to friends or recording. what device files should I be tweaking to get what I want?

Justuslol, Aug 10, 2020
  3. AhmedAlo. Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device

Hello, I just bought Sony WH-CH700N headphones and they paired with my Dell XPS Destktop running Windows 10. The problem I'm facing is that they don't play any sound, video, or anything. My PC doesn't recognize it as an audio device. When I go to Sound
    and Playback, they are there but show as disconnected. I tried unpairing them and pairing them again many times, but didn't fix anything. I tried the Troubleshoot on Sound and Bluetooth, but didn't do anything. I tried to reset the headphones to factory settings,
    also nothing. More importantly, they worked with other devices and smartphones. Like I said, the problem seems that the Windows 10 (which up to date) doesn't see them as an audio device (headphones, headset). and I got old bluetooth headphones that still work
    and show as a headphones device.

Any solution for weird problem?

AhmedAlo., Aug 10, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Sony headphones and handsfree WH-CH700N are connected and doesn't play music o work as handsfree

Hi Josep,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To troubleshoot the Bluetooth connection issue, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth
      and right click on your Bluetooth driver.
    • Click on Update Driver
      and choose Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Choose Let me pick from a list of available device drivers on my
      computer and click on Next.
    • Choose a different version of driver among the drivers listed there and click on
      Next.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to install the driver. Reboot the machine once the driver is installed and check if you’re able to connect the devices.

Additional information: Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

If the device is still not available as a playback device after pairing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Right click the Volume
      icon on the taskbar and choose Sounds.
    • Under Playback
      tab, right click on an empty space and select Show Disabled Devices
      and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • Once the above options are enabled, check if the Bluetooth device is listed. If listed, right click on it and
      Enable the device and Set as Default.

Meanwhile, you may also go through the troubleshooting article
    by Sony and see if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device - Similar Threads - Sony H910N ear

2. Sony WH-CH710N not recognised on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony WH-CH710N not recognised on Windows 11 laptop: I just recently got a completely new Windows 11 laptop a couple of weeks before Christmas, and a pair of Sony WH-CH710N Bluetooth headphones for Christmas. I was super excited to try them as they are a necessity for schoolwork during free periods.However, when I have tried to...
  3. Sony WH-CH710N not recognised on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony WH-CH710N not recognised on Windows 11 laptop: I just recently got a completely new Windows 11 laptop a couple of weeks before Christmas, and a pair of Sony WH-CH710N Bluetooth headphones for Christmas. I was super excited to try them as they are a necessity for schoolwork during free periods.However, when I have tried to...
  4. Problem pairing Bluetooth device headphones Sony WH-CH700N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem pairing Bluetooth device headphones Sony WH-CH700N: Hello, I have a problem with the bluetooth pairing of my headphones Sony WH-CH700N. My laptop is an HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home Single Language installed on december 2021. However, this problem began when I had Windows 10 and dowloaded some system updates, because before...
  5. Problem pairing Bluetooth device headphones Sony WH-CH700N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem pairing Bluetooth device headphones Sony WH-CH700N: Hello, I have a problem with the bluetooth pairing of my headphones Sony WH-CH700N. My laptop is an HP Pavilion with Windows 11 Home Single Language installed on december 2021. However, this problem began when I had Windows 10 and dowloaded some system updates, because before...
  6. Sony WH-XB900N Headphone pairing but not recognised as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony WH-XB900N Headphone pairing but not recognised as an audio device: Hi, My Sony WH-XB900N Headphone are pairing but are not recognised as an audio device. I have the most up to date drivers, but can't see any other way of making them recognisable as a bluetooth audio device on my laptop. All thoughts welcome....
  7. Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device lists in other...

Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device lists in other...: Hello, I just got Sony WH-CH700N headphones and they paired with my HP Elitebook 840 g6 running Windows 10. The problem i am facing is the device is not getting recognized as headphone/headset. Its getting paired and working fine with my One Plus 5 and other devices. I...
  8. my wh-H910N h.ear Sony headphones give way too much ambient noise when my computer detects...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wh-H910N h.ear Sony headphones give way too much ambient noise when my computer detects...: my wh-H910N h.ear Sony headphones give way too much ambient noise when my computer detects I'm using a communications device that being hands free AG stuff and blocks out all audio. I really want to get rid of it so I can enjoy listening to music or watching videos while...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device (2)

Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device (2): Hello, I have the same problem as AhmedAlo : my headphones are only recognized as microphone, not even as a headphone, on my PC with windows 10... Is there any solution so far ? Thanks, Arno....
  10. Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device

Windows 10 doesn't Recognize Sony WH-CH700N headphones as an Audio Device: Hello, I just bought Sony WH-CH700N headphones and they paired with my Dell XPS Destktop running Windows 10. The problem I'm facing is that they don't play any sound, video, or anything. My PC doesn't recognize it as an audio device. When I go to Sound and Playback, they are...