Windows 10: Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install

Discus and support Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own the Sony WH-XB900N, and an MPOW MPBH079AB Bluetooth USB adapter, and have been using them with no problem for a year. Yesterday, I installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BattalBoy, Dec 8, 2020.

1. BattalBoy Win User

Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install

I own the Sony WH-XB900N, and an MPOW MPBH079AB Bluetooth USB adapter, and have been using them with no problem for a year. Yesterday, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my PC using the media creation tool. I went through the same steps to install the drivers as I did when I first got the adapter, installing the drivers from the MPOW website. When I pair and connect the headphones, I noticed that the auto was now stuttering constantly, which never happened before.

I have tried:

• Restarting my PC.
    • Removing the headphones and pairing them again.
    • Installing all available Windows updates.
    • Uninstalling drivers for the headphones in device manager and restarting my PC.
    • Uninstalling the drivers for the adapter in device manager, and reinstalling them.
    • Searching for new drivers in Windows update.
    • Running "sfc /scannow" in elevated command prompt.
    • Running the Bluetooth and audio troubleshooters.
    • Everything suggested in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-will-only-show-as-hands-free/e7c5ce82-39cf-4568-b009-d96cfd808658
    • Uninstalling literally everything related to Bluetooth in device manager and restarting my PC.

I cannot revert drivers or windows version since it is a fresh windows install.

I have also noticed that when I open sound control panel, under Playback I only see one item for the headphones, when before there were two: 'Headphones Hands free audio' and 'Headphones stereo'. Now, I only see 'Headphones Hands free audio'.

In Settings, Bluetooth and other devices, it says 'Connected' under the headphones, when before it would say 'Connected Voice, Music'.

I am sure the headphones work fine, since I can use them fine with my phone. I also know the Bluetooth adapter works fine since I have tested it on another PC and it worked fine. Since then, I have also updated that PC to the latest version of Windows using the same bootable media I created using the media creation tool, and that PC is now having the exact same issue.

I feel like I have exhausted all options and I am not sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

BattalBoy, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Bluetooth audio stutters every 10-30 on Windows 10

I am having issues with Bluetooth on Windows 10. When I connect either my Sony WH-H900N headphones or my Sony Bluetooth speaker, every 10-30 seconds the audio stutters for a second or two.

I have tried numerous things, Updating Bluetooth drivers, audio and sound drivers, systematically disabling drivers, re-pairing devices. I am at a loss. Any help will be appreciated.

Hardware setup is:

• CPU - Ryzen 2700x
    • GPU - Vega 64
    • MEM - 16g DDR4 3200MHZ
    • MOBO - ASUS B450-I (Has Bluetooth built-in)
    • HDD - Samsung m2 970

Francis Malloch, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install

1. Sony WH-XB900N stuttering after fresh Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Sony XB900N stuttering

2. Brand new Sony WH 1000 XM4 stutters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Sony WH 1000 XM4 stutters on Windows 10: Hi, I have a brand new Sony headphones but unfortunately found out they stutter when playing Youtube videos on Windows. The stutter happens each 10-20 second and is very slight, but rather annoying and noticable. I follow instructions in this thread but without success. I'm...
  3. Brand new Sony WH 1000 XM4 stutters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new Sony WH 1000 XM4 stutters on Windows 10: Hi, I have a brand new Sony headphones but unfortunately found out they stutter when playing Youtube videos on Windows. The stutter happens each 10-20 second and is very slight, but rather annoying and noticable. I follow instructions in this thread but without success. I'm...
  4. Brand new Sony WH 1000 XM4 stutters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio stuttering in games after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio stuttering in games after fresh windows install: After doing a completely fresh install of windows 10 using a usb with media tool. Since the fresh install some games Hitman 3 and Assassin's creed Odyssey notably have serious stuttering issues that were not present at all before the reinstallation of windows. I was wondering...
  6. Sony WH-XB900N Bluetooth Cannot Connect to Windows 10

Sony WH-XB900N Bluetooth Cannot Connect to Windows 10: Sony WH-XB900N Bluetooth Cannot Connect to Windows 10, It is not recognized as an Audio device but shows up as other devices. It is paired but there is no option to connect. This is probably caused when the number of paring limit is reachedMy Solution: Reset my Sony WH-XB900...
  7. Sony WH-1000MX4

Sony WH-1000MX4: Hello,Last December, I bought a new pair of headphones: WH-1000MX4. I use them for music and for gaming and when I'm listening to music, they work great. But when I'm gaming... not so much.When choosing an output device, I can choose between WH-1000MXStereo and...
  8. Stuttering after fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering after fresh Windows install: Hello, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC, and I have been getting stuttering since, mostly in games. I had not had such problems previously. I have made sure to uninstall and reinstall my display adapter and install the newest drivers for it. Am I missing...
  9. Light stutter and distortions with my bluetooth headset Sony WH 1000 XM4, but not with...

Light stutter and distortions with my bluetooth headset Sony WH 1000 XM4, but not with...: My Sony WH 1000 XM4 worked perfectly until yesterday. Yesterday it started to add stutters and distortions to all audio. I tried to roll back my Windows 10 to the last recovery point Jan 30, which resolved the problem for approx. 20 hours, now I have the same issue again....
  10. Sony WH-XB900N Headphone pairing but not recognised as an audio device

Sony WH-XB900N Headphone pairing but not recognised as an audio device: Hi, My Sony WH-XB900N Headphone are pairing but are not recognised as an audio device. I have the most up to date drivers, but can't see any other way of making them recognisable as a bluetooth audio device on my laptop. All thoughts welcome....