Windows 10: soo my windows wont start and my bios is saying i dont have an ssd now

Discus and support soo my windows wont start and my bios is saying i dont have an ssd now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Owerfox [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m49wg0/soo_my_windows_wont_start_and_my_bios_is_saying_i/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Owerfox, Mar 13, 2021.

1. soo my windows wont start and my bios is saying i dont have an ssd now

/u/Owerfox, Mar 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 can not optimize HDD, says it is a SSD Help

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Does the BIOS recognizes the disk as HDD or SSD?

Suggest you to set the Optimize Drives Service to start automatically from the services window to check if that helps.

1. Open the run window, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
    2. Search for Optimize Drives Service and select the start-up type as automatic. Also ensure to start the service.

If you have set SATA controller to AHCI mode for Solid State Drive, in Device Manager it would show as SATA hard disk.

Follow these steps:

1. Click start, type “Defragment” and click “Defragment and Optimize your drives”.
    2. On the “Defragment and Optimize your drives” window. Make sure that your SSD is categorized as an SSD.
    3. If it’s not, then you can set it as a SSD on your bios. This way, you don’t have to exclude your SSD or disable any scheduled defragmentation.
    Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 13, 2021
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 13, 2021
  4. HairyFool Win User

soo my windows wont start and my bios is saying i dont have an ssd now

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

soo my windows wont start and my bios is saying i dont have an ssd now

1. soo my windows wont start and my bios is saying i dont have an ssd now - Similar Threads - soo wont start

2. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  3. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  4. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.: I have a HP Pavilion Gaming 15 and i simply dont have that BIOS where can i set like RAM frequency and things like that.Do i need to have a desktop pc for that?...
  6. I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.

I dont have that fancy BIOS as others have.: I have a HP Pavilion Gaming 15 and i simply dont have that BIOS where can i set like RAM frequency and things like that.Do i need to have a desktop pc for that?...
  7. i have been hack now i dont access to my account

i have been hack now i dont access to my account: my microsoft account has been hacked and now the account is connected to my pc and i cant change it to my own one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-hack-now-i-dont-access-to-my-account/536bdb88-935f-44c3-bfc5-1c18ce6aef53
  8. i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop: Hello, i reinstalled my windows hoping it will solve my problem .. if restart the using windows>power>restart my laptop wont boot up because my ssdwhere my OS and my boot manager wont show up in the bios boot list the only option is PXE networknothing happends when it...
  9. Windows Store wont update my forza horizon 4, it say i dont have enough free space.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store wont update my forza horizon 4, it say i dont have enough free space.: i'have problem on microsoft store games update on forza horizon 4, the updates is only 500mb but ms store keep saying that i dont have any space left. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. I changed my hardware and now i dont have a licens key for windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I changed my hardware and now i dont have a licens key for windows: I changed my motherboard and my CPU in this PC and i had a digital license key attached to my Microsoft account, but now I've logged in with that account but it says that my windows is not activated. Can I get help please?...