Windows 10: Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7

Discus and support Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear for all, I am wondering if MSE is enough to protect my personal laptop against virus, malware , Trojan and spyware? Or should I unistal it and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rtld312, Feb 5, 2019.

1. rtld312 Win User

Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7

Dear for all,

I am wondering if MSE is enough to protect my personal laptop against virus, malware , Trojan and spyware? Or should I unistal it and replaced it by sophos home free edition which I heard it more effective as Best free antivirus.

Could you please advice me about this or to recommended which free best antivirus should I instaled it under windows 7.

Thanks in advanced

rtld312

:)

rtld312, Feb 5, 2019

2. windows 7 tablet edition?

There is no "tablet" edition of windows 7 (all versions of windows 7 except possibly basic have the same functionality when it comes to tablets)- if it detects you have a tablet pc it changes a few settings (icon sizes) and installs a couple of extra applications which can be used with wacom/touchscreen style setups.

You can install windows 7 from USB with no problems, but I am not familiar enough with the steps required to do it.

human_error, Feb 5, 2019
  3. MSE wont uninstall

Glad to see people actually read the text and don't just look at the pretty pictures *Smile
    I will give your suggestion a go...

MikeWilliams, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7

Sophos Anti-Rootkit 1.3.1

Sophos Anti-Rootkit finds and removes any rootkit that is hidden on your computer. Removing rootkits without compromising system integrity is particularly challenging and needs to be done with care.
    Latest Changes:

* Enhanced detection and cleanup facilities
    * Users can install and uninstall Sophos Anti-Rootkit using standard Windows procedures (i.e. the Windows Start menu, and the Windows Add/Remove Programs menu option)
    * The file sarscan.log is cumulative and is timestamped. The file sarclean.log is cumulative and is not timestamped
    * Scans running processes, windows registry and local hard drives for rootkits
    * Identifies known rootkits and selects, by default, files for removal which will remove the rootkit component of the malware without compromising OS integrity
    * Allows users to remove unidentified hidden files, but does not allow removal of essential system files when hidden by an identified rootkit
    * Once the user has run a scan, the screen prompts the user through the necessary steps until every rootkit has been removed
    * Users can switch between the GUI and command-line functionality
    * Both context sensitive and command-line help are available

Website

HellasVagabond, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7

1. Sophos home Edition or MSE for windows 7 - Similar Threads - Sophos home Edition

2. MSE is Not "Updating" in Windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE is Not "Updating" in Windows 7: I update MSE in my Windows 7 Professional system via Windows Update; I let WU install the updates automatically. The latest pattern definition was updated this morning 06/18 06:48 (1.295.942.0). The MSE icon in the system tray is brown, not green. When I open the MSE...
  3. MSE Exclude List Not Working on Windows 7

MSE Exclude List Not Working on Windows 7: I am running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. I am running MSE as my primary anti-malware tool, I have some large tar.gz files that I do not want MSE to scan during the weekly full scan. I have placed these files in the MSE exclude list. But MSE continues to scan these...
  4. MSE for Windows 7 protect directories/files against Ransomware?

MSE for Windows 7 protect directories/files against Ransomware?: Over the last update of Windows 10 ( Fall Creators Update) it seems possible to protect users directories and files against Ransomware. Why this functionality is not available over the MSE program settings on Windows 7 ? Or if it is how to enable it ? Vincent....
  5. MSE

MSE: I don't know if my first post went thru. In the MSE history it says I have the "TrojanDownloader:JS/Menucod. But multiple scans do not find anything.... Also have an error code 0x80508023 that says the Program could not find the malware.......
  6. MSE

MSE: Have this in my MSE history; don't know what it means. Multiple scans come up clean.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mse/8d175fdf-6ef9-45ed-9839-aae1cb7d7c7d
  7. Version of MSE in Windows 7

Version of MSE in Windows 7: What version of MSE should I be running on Windows 7 64 bit? [Original Title: MSE] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/version-of-mse-in-windows-7/02d2ec1b-87bc-4371-ab07-07d01d692f72
  8. MSE

MSE: What version of MSE should I be running on Windows 7 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/mse/02d2ec1b-87bc-4371-ab07-07d01d692f72
  9. Sophos Home?

Sophos Home?: Have anyone ever heard and tried Sophos Home free antivirus? If yes, than do you think this software worth it to replace Windows Defender? Just curious. 68475
  10. mpfilter.sys (MSE) issues inherited from Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mpfilter.sys (MSE) issues inherited from Windows 7: Hello all. I was having a few BSODs from mpfilter.sys in the week or two leading up to the 10 launch, but given that I could simply disable Microsoft Security Essentials temporarily when they started to solve the problem, I didn't do anything material about it. Unfortunately,...