Windows 10: Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle

Discus and support Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It just happen to me, and I don't understand why. I deleted a program (the normal way). But when I when in to re-install it, all the settings where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by timlab55, Dec 31, 2020.

1. timlab55 Win User

Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle

It just happen to me, and I don't understand why. I deleted a program (the normal way). But when I when in to re-install it, all the settings where back. I was thinking once you deleted a program, everything would be gone. So what do I need to do to insure that next time I delete a program, that all the baggie that came with it leaves as well?
    Thanks

:)

timlab55, Dec 31, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 31, 2020
  3. gplea Win User
    The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon

Does anyone here know how uninstall AOL off of Win 10? It's not my machine, and I've never touched it with a 39 1/2 ft pole, but a friend of mine made the fatal mistake years ago. Now, they upgraded to Win 10, as opposed to a clean install, which is what I would have advised, but they didn't listen. It is beyond me why the idiots that developed that "virus" weren't held legally liable for not even providing an UNinstall module. Anyhoo, anyone here have any suggestions of wisdom on how to solve this riddle?

BTW, the AOL version is 6.9.2 I think.
    Thanks.
    GPL

gplea, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle

1. Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle - Similar Threads - Sorry Here's Different

2. Anybody here know what this is about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody here know what this is about?: submitted by /u/-Chicken_of_the_cave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhgg7s/anybody_here_know_what_this_is_about/
  3. My computer is about to reboot. Here's why...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer is about to reboot. Here's why...: I need help. I was normally playing with my computer, just doing some producing. Then the commands application came up that it was finishing an installation. I don't remember anything that I downloaded, so I just ignored it and just left it there. Until my monitor started...
  4. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

in Cortana
    Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here.": Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set the alarm or schedule a reminder but when I ask it to open messenger or Facebook and other apps I just get "Sorry, I can't...
  5. Query about Virtual Here

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query about Virtual Here: I wonder what Virtual Here is and do I need it on my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-virtual-here/f4ad489e-31e0-4726-a0e9-f07f55c2570a"
  6. Numeric Keypad Doesnt work (I know about numlock- doesnt make a difference here)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numeric Keypad Doesnt work (I know about numlock- doesnt make a difference here): The optional numeric keypad in my usb-keyboard does not work in my user whether Num-Lock is on or off. It works on all other users in the computer. I went to on-screen keyboard and enabled it there, but it still doesn't work. It is a Windows 10 computer. Can someone tell me...
  7. Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.: Windows 10 using MS Edge or Firefox. When I go to a site to play a video it says: "Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here." Last week this worked fine with no issues. Don't know what changed. Doesn't appear to be a website problem because it...
  8. The ISP in the middle riddle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The ISP in the middle riddle: Dear Mystere, i move the discussion here if you don't mind because I think we were off topic... Your ISP can monitor everything you do on the internet. Actually, yes. Your ISP can still spy on you. There's something called a transparent proxy server that the ISP...
  9. The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon: Does anyone here know how uninstall AOL off of Win 10? It's not my machine, and I've never touched it with a 39 1/2 ft pole, but a friend of mine made the fatal mistake years ago. Now, they upgraded to Win 10, as opposed to a clean install, which is what I would have advised,...
  10. Last video card question...very sorry about this.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Last video card question...very sorry about this.: Sorry for bothering you guys concerning computer parts and i am almost positive this will be my last but could you guys list the best to worst out of these 5:...