Windows 10: Sorry but, what the f is this? I remember setting windows so that it won't use my location...

Discus and support Sorry but, what the f is this? I remember setting windows so that it won't use my location... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JKZuchel [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JKZuchel, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Sorry but, what the f is this? I remember setting windows so that it won't use my location...

/u/JKZuchel, Apr 30, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Sorry but, what the f is this? I remember setting windows so that it won't use my location...

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Sorry but, what the f is this? I remember setting windows so that it won't use my location...

1. Sorry but, what the f is this? I remember setting windows so that it won't use my location... - Similar Threads - Sorry remember setting

2. This is so f*cked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is so f*cked: I wanted to buy a windows 10 product key, when i hopped on to see the prices, i was so p*ssed cuz holy **** it cost no less than 140 bucks, Microsoft i understand why most of the windows users use pirated copies of the OS, this makes sense cuz a normal windows 10 product key...
  3. This is so f*cked

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This is so f*cked: I wanted to buy a windows 10 product key, when i hopped on to see the prices, i was so p*ssed cuz holy **** it cost no less than 140 bucks, Microsoft i understand why most of the windows users use pirated copies of the OS, any this makes sense cuz a normal windows 10 product...
  4. What app is using my location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What app is using my location?: Sometimes i get the little icon in the task bar that indicates that my location is being used by some app. Is there any way for me to see exactly what app that is? I know there is a location history, is there a way to maybe access that?...
  5. What app is using my location?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What app is using my location?: Sometimes i get the little icon in the task bar that indicates that my location is being used by some app. Is there any way for me to see exactly what app that is? I know there is a location history, is there a way to maybe access that?...
  6. What app is using my location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. What is using my location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is using my location?: So I often see the location button in the task bar show up when it really shouldn’t. Like if I’m using photoshop or Microsoft word it’ll just appear and I’ll have no clue why. Is it some sort of background program refreshing my location or am I being spied on by the NSA lol....
  8. Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings: I'm running 1909 No matter what I do, it just won't work! I tried: View: List Sort By: Date Modified Properties -> Customize -> Optimize Folder for General, including subfolders. I also tried: View -> Options -> Change folder and search options -> View -> Reset...
  9. Won't remember my settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't remember my settings: I am running on windows 10 64 bit upgraded from an 8. I working on an HP 15 laptop and I cannot get computer to remember my settings such as wanting to turn off the touchpad when I have the mouse plugged in but as soon as I restart it again it back to the way it was. 18955
  10. Windows explorer won't remember folder and icon settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer won't remember folder and icon settings?: Here is my problem: I keep my folders in different settings, some with large icons, some with details view. Today they are all reset to details view, and items are listed by name. Every folder is reset to the same settings. when I try to change they always defaults to...