Windows 10: Sorry if repeated! I just got an M.2 SSD for my PC, how can I transfer Windows over to it??!

Discus and support Sorry if repeated! I just got an M.2 SSD for my PC, how can I transfer Windows over to it??! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, I know there are cloning softwares I can use but my fear is from hearing people say the cloning doesn't do the best job. I heard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shagcarpet1970, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Sorry if repeated! I just got an M.2 SSD for my PC, how can I transfer Windows over to it??!

As the title says, I know there are cloning softwares I can use but my fear is from hearing people say the cloning doesn't do the best job. I heard there was a way to put Windows on like a flash drive then installing Windows onto the M.2 in the BIOS? I'd like to avoid having to reinstall my games and programs like Photoshop and Zbrush if possible!

submitted by /u/shagcarpet1970
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shagcarpet1970, Dec 26, 2020

2. transfering windows 10 from sata ssd to m.2 ssd

Hello,

i just bought an M.2 NVMe SSD to speed up my games and i was wondering if windows 10 could be transfered there without being deactivated

hope to hear something soon!

SethLigthart, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Jefrison Win User
    M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Sorry if repeated! I just got an M.2 SSD for my PC, how can I transfer Windows over to it??!

transfering windows 10 from sata ssd to m.2 ssd

Yes, here are your options:

Option 1: Cloning:

How to Clone or Move Your Windows 10 Installation to a Larger Hard Disk or SSD

Option 2: download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install then reinstall your apps. There is no deactivation involved.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Install the new SSD

Step 3:

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Sorry if repeated! I just got an M.2 SSD for my PC, how can I transfer Windows over to it??!

1. Sorry if repeated! I just got an M.2 SSD for my PC, how can I transfer Windows over to it??! - Similar Threads - Sorry repeated got

2. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  3. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  4. How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD: As the title says, I want to transfer windows from my HDD to the SSD I'm going to add so that boot times and stuff doesn't take forever. I really don't care about losing data/apps/documents that are in the HDD, I just want to transfer Windows to the SSD and I'll start from...
  5. Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD: Recently I bought m.2 SSD and want to install in my laptop. I don't know the exact procedure of it. I want to make m.2 SSD a system drive or drive c without losing any data. How can i shift windows 10 operating system from HDD to m.2 SSD safely with all files?...
  6. Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...: So as the title suggests, I'm wanting to transfer my Windows 10 OS from my already connected SATA SSD to a new and larger M.2 SSD that I'm installing. I have around 500gb of data on the old (SATA) SSD, but the only thing I want to transfer is the OS. Is there a way to retain...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2: I need some help with transferring Windows 10 64-Bit to my M.2 Drive... So where do I start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-windows-10-from-a-hhd-to-an-ssd-m2/777554b7-4bfd-49a8-98f7-55ddf37dd194
  8. ?M.2 or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  9. Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC: I have Windows 10 already installed on an M.2 NVME drive on my old PC. I am about to build my new PC with completely different parts and I need to know, can I move the M.2 drive from my old PC to the new motherboard without deactivating windows and reinstalling on the same...
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...